The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What to tell my CPA network affilate manager?

Please help....I came across a great idea and wanted to start promoting this offer i found on envyusmedia. Its a real estate related offer. The thing is that I want to use craigslist and backpage to promote this specific offer. Since I just recently got accepted into the CPA network. Will they question where my traffic comes from if my conversions are too high? What if I start making too much in my first month with them. They probably would discontinue me from promoting this specific offer. I'm not using any blackhat methods. I just want to know what to tell my AM so I don't look like a scammer. Also If i create a website for this offer can they track where my traffic is coming from. Like if i decided to use ppc as my main traffic source, how can they tell? May I remind you, I'm fairly new to cpa marketing. Thanks For Your Help!

Please help....I came across a great idea and wanted to start promoting this offer i found on envyusmedia. Its a real estate related offer. The thing is that I want to use craigslist and backpage to promote this specific offer. Since I just recently got accepted into the CPA network. Will they question where my traffic comes from if my conversions are too high? What if I start making too much in my first month with them. They probably would discontinue me from promoting this specific offer. I'm not using any blackhat methods. I just want to know what to tell my AM so I don't look like a scammer. Also If i create a website for this offer can they track where my traffic is coming from. Like if i decided to use ppc as my main traffic source, how can they tell? May I remind you, I'm fairly new to cpa marketing. Thanks For Your Help!

You need to start out by telling your AM exactly how you plan on promoting the offer to see if that's acceptable. If it's not, ask him/her for their suggestions on promotion. You don't want to get yourself banned right out of the gate, which most likely will happen if you're running an offer where or how you shouldn't be.

If you method is that good and you afraid that there could be problems.
1. As Linda mention first explain to your AM how you will promote this offer - if this is acceptable then move to next point.
2. Split your traffic - meaning sign up to some other TOP network not just only one and split traffic between 3-4 networks.
3. Send to each network some conversations example 20-50 and then ask to your AM what is traffic quality and are they satisfied with that.
4. If everything is fine just scale up your campaign and prepare bigger purse :D

Good Luck

You need to be honest with your AM unless you already know that method isn't allowed and that is why you are not wanting to speak with him. So my advice is to be honest with them so you don't get labeled as a scammer in the community. Good Luck

I'll be honest here, Craigslist and Backpages traffic are an absolute no-go if a network is running a legitimate operation.

Here are a few reasons why you should not be promoting in classifieds when it comes to being an affiliate:
1) Running affiliate campaigns in classifieds are non-compliant. Most advertisers hate it and they'll tell the network to shut you down if they find out.

2) Alot of classifieds mention before-hand that they don't want CPA advertisements in their program. Heed their warning.

3) Classifieds are already saturated with non-compliant publishers promoting on them. Even if you do generate a lead, it'll most likely not back out for the Advertiser, it'll probably be someone from the classifieds office just playing with you... and ultimately, you'll probably see that lead being reversed.

4) Like I said before, your leads or sales will most likely be charged back if the network the finds out you're running affiliate campaigns in one AND you'll end up being kicked off the network.

My two cents: Just don't do it.

Most CPA Networks will not accept Craigslist traffic simply because it is spam in most cases. I would recommend if there is a person on Craigslist or any directory forum / whatever that has a problem and one of your offers may help to fill a need then I would say that is OK, but simply putting up a Craigslist ad with your offer would not fly in most cases and you would get your account banned.

Also as a follow up. What you may want to do is create your own site and skip the direct linking. promoting your business / website in the appropriate section of a classifieds at this point would be acceptable

MI
Back