The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What things are the "Must-Know" for new webmaster?

uniquejosh

affiliate
I am a new webmater and my website is quite complicated. I have two business partners: one is coder and one is web designer. However, I really do not want to rely on them too much. I hope that I could do the basic modification myself. Also, need to do the marketing(online marketing especially), work with them to do SEO, E-mail marketing.

Any think I must learn to master my tasks? Xtml? or any software?

Thanks a lot

Josh

Dear god that is a HUGE question :(

You have 2 partners but you don't want to reply on them too much? Sounds odd to me. I let coders code, designers design, and I get on with what i do best.

Why do you want to learn coding and web editing software if you have partners?

Seems to me you need to define what the roles of each person is before you take this partnership forward. UNLESS you are saying that they are 'partners' in as much as you pay them to do work but they don't own the business.

Careto clarify this?

oh, thanks for your reply.

The thing is, sometimes I just wanna do some text change, but I cannot do that without them. That is why I wish that I could at least manage that.

The thing is, they are developing complicated and important modules. I just hope that I can manage small things or do not need to bug them for those small modifications.

Also, if I wanna master online marketing, which is my job. It seems I need to have basic understanding of a lot of techie things (SEO, User management, online marketing.....) I can let them know what functions I need to get my job done and then they can do the thing for me. So, let's say, if I want phplist implemented, I need to tell them what that is for to me and then they can do the follow-up.

That is why I think I need to know some basic things to make things work much more smooth.

Dear god that is a HUGE question :(

You have 2 partners but you don't want to reply on them too much? Sounds odd to me. I let coders code, designers design, and I get on with what i do best.

Why do you want to learn coding and web editing software if you have partners?

Seems to me you need to define what the roles of each person is before you take this partnership forward. UNLESS you are saying that they are 'partners' in as much as you pay them to do work but they don't own the business.

Careto clarify this?

You have a lot to learn, and I am not sure that learning how to edit a website should be your main concern. they are partners ina business, so getting them to do stuff is HARDLY 'bugging them' is it?

As I said, you need to define the roles here, then and only then can you work out what you need to learn. It may seem harsh, but if you are hoping to learn HTML, web designing SEo web mareting etc, then you should be ready to start earning money in 2-5 years! And I am sure that is not what you want is it?

I agree with OWG, Dear god that is a HUGE Question.

If I was you, I would stop and put together a basic Jobs to do listing, in priority.

At the moment you have numerous threads running.

1. How to approach user in FaceBook or MySpace groups.
2. How do you attract moderators for forums or blogs.
3. What things are must know for webmasters.
4. Any good email marketing tools.
5. And finally trying to sell a domain name.

I would sort out the basics first, if I was you.

Oh, thanks for your reply.

Actually, I just need to post 10 posts to start use the full functions of this forums. That is why I tried to put all my questions at once. Sorry if that is disturbing.

Yes, to those things. I am aware that SEO and online marketing are not easy to pick up. We are looking for some external assistance (freelance or service provider) to cover those parts since we are not experts in those fields. It is just always good to know some basic first, right?

If there is any freelance or expert in those fields, please give me a shout as well. Maybe we could build some relationship. :)

I agree with OWG, Dear god that is a HUGE Question.

If I was you, I would stop and put together a basic Jobs to do listing, in priority.

At the moment you have numerous threads running.

1. How to approach user in FaceBook or MySpace groups.
2. How do you attract moderators for forums or blogs.
3. What things are must know for webmasters.
4. Any good email marketing tools.
5. And finally trying to sell a domain name.

I would sort out the basics first, if I was you.

banners
Back