The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What strategies can be more useful for increase site PR except back links and quality

royal

affiliate
What strategy can be useful for increase site PR except back links nd quality content

Hi,
I know do follow back links and quality content are very useful for increase site PR but I want to know other useful strategies that can be useful for increase site page rank.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no other strategy for having the higher PR. Google gives a vote to your website to calculate the numerical value of your web page when you have a click back to your website from other website or web page. If you don't want to go for the inbound links then sit back, relax and wait for the long time period to have an improvement in your page rank.

You know they are the most valuable for SEO. You can also try social media, blog comments, article comments, article directory submission.

Having an old active domain is very important. No matter how much backlinks you get you can not get ranked first if your domain is not old.

Having an old active domain is very important. No matter how much backlinks you get you can not get ranked first if your domain is not old.

how old do you think is "old"? You really should have stated that.

I can rank a new domain in the number one spot for a decent keyphrase within 3 months - for a non-competitive term I can do it in 1 month. Age is a ranking factor, but I'll beat a 10-year-old domain name with 10 links using a 3-month-domain with better content, title, internal structure and 1000 backlinks hands down every single time.

I was under the impression that PR is primarily determined by the number of backlinks. But how do you explain my twitter page which is PR5 and I have never added any quality backlinks to it?

I was under the impression that PR is primarily determined by the number of backlinks. But how do you explain my twitter page which is PR5 and I have never added any quality backlinks to it?

Easily. Internal links pass PR too. Do you have subscribers on Twitter? Then their pages link to yours. If they have any PR then it gets passed to you.

Easily. Internal links pass PR too. Do you have subscribers on Twitter? Then their pages link to yours. If they have any PR then it gets passed to you.

Only 130 odd followers. I see many other twitter pages with thousands more followers but still only PR5. I've also seen pages with about the same number of followers as me but still with PR0.

Only 130 odd followers. I see many other twitter pages with thousands more followers but still only PR5. I've also seen pages with about the same number of followers as me but still with PR0.

All that is perfectly normal. I think you need to read up on what Pagerank is, how it is calculated and the difference between displayed toolbar Pagerank and Google's internal Pagerank calculations.

I get the feeling you are under the assumption that:

10 links = PR1
50 links = PR2
100 links = PR3
etc.

or something similar. Sometimes one link can give you PR6 and 100 links can give you PR0. You need to read up on Pagerank if you're really interested in it.

I fully understand that different links have different strengths depnding on topical proximity, the strength of the page the link sits, the number of other links on it etc etc but I still don't see how my twitter page is PR5.

All that is perfectly normal. I think you need to read up on what Pagerank is, how it is calculated and the difference between displayed toolbar Pagerank and Google's internal Pagerank calculations.

I get the feeling you are under the assumption that:

10 links = PR1
50 links = PR2
100 links = PR3
etc.

or something similar. Sometimes one link can give you PR6 and 100 links can give you PR0. You need to read up on Pagerank if you're really interested in it.

Thanks Everybody for your suggestions!
Please tell me difference between display toolbar Page rank and Google's internal Page rank.

Thanks Everybody for your suggestions!
Please tell me difference between display toolbar Page rank and Google's internal Page rank.

Toolbar Pagerank is a very simple 1-10 numbering system telling you what your Pagerank was for that split second when Google was updating the Toolbar Pagerank. It's a general guideline.

An excerpt from Google's blog:

"Today, Google downloads the web continuously, collecting updated page information and re-processing the entire web-link graph several times per day. This graph of one trillion URLs is similar to a map made up of one trillion intersections. So multiple times every day, we do the computational equivalent of fully exploring every intersection of every road in the United States. Except it'd be a map about 50,000 times as big as the U.S., with 50,000 times as many roads and intersections."

Also, when determining the worth of your website, Google doesn't rely on anything as crude as the numbers 1-10 either. If your site has a Pagerank of 3.0000001 (a PR3) and your competitor has a Pagerank of 2.99999999 (a PR2) you won't see much ranking difference based on Pagerank alone.

As for the visual side, you could have a Pagerank of 0.99999 which is still a zero on the Toolbar Pagerank Update day, but the following day a few extra links to your site could mean Google internally marks you at 1.00000001 which is a PR1. You won't see that PR1 on your toolbar for 3 months, but it's there.

That a very basic and crude explanation of the difference between what we see and what Pagerank actually is - I'm sure someone else can put it more eloquently.

Toolbar Pagerank is a very simple 1-10 numbering system telling you what your Pagerank was for that split second when Google was updating the Toolbar Pagerank. It's a general guideline.

An excerpt from Google's blog:

"Today, Google downloads the web continuously, collecting updated page information and re-processing the entire web-link graph several times per day. This graph of one trillion URLs is similar to a map made up of one trillion intersections. So multiple times every day, we do the computational equivalent of fully exploring every intersection of every road in the United States. Except it'd be a map about 50,000 times as big as the U.S., with 50,000 times as many roads and intersections."

Also, when determining the worth of your website, Google doesn't rely on anything as crude as the numbers 1-10 either. If your site has a Pagerank of 3.0000001 (a PR3) and your competitor has a Pagerank of 2.99999999 (a PR2) you won't see much ranking difference based on Pagerank alone.

As for the visual side, you could have a Pagerank of 0.99999 which is still a zero on the Toolbar Pagerank Update day, but the following day a few extra links to your site could mean Google internally marks you at 1.00000001 which is a PR1. You won't see that PR1 on your toolbar for 3 months, but it's there.

That a very basic and crude explanation of the difference between what we see and what Pagerank actually is - I'm sure someone else can put it more eloquently.

Awesome explanation!
I appreciate the information that you provided here about difference between tool bar page rank and google internal page rank. I really increased my knowledge about it after read your post. It is really beneficial read for me.

Thanks for sharing such valuable information

MI
Back