The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What should go in your "toolkit"

I'm looking to start a business on the web in a few years. I don't really know what I'll be doing other than trying to make money online. I'm thinking that I'd like to collect a toolkit now while I go to college knowing it will be some time before I try to start some kind of an online business. What tools would you recommend I get in my "toolbox" of tools & utilities assuming I have nothing. (Please exclude skills and experience.) For example a domain name, a website (about me/topic x/anything), specific software, PLR articles, free e-mail accounts, etc. are all tools in some form.

What do you think would be worth collecting before I know what I'll be doing?

I don't know why you are waiting until you get out of college...............I know so many college students who are making full time incomes working part time on the internet. So my advice to you would be to start now. I wish I had the opportunities that are out there now when I was your age.

To answer your question though, you only need a few things in your tool kit but they need to be the right things;) So do your due diligence and don't fall for everything out there..... there's so much hype. Just be careful and wise. But really, think about starting now..............

All the best:)

Don't wait till out of school - Just do it !

I'm looking to start a business on the web in a few years. I don't really know what I'll be doing other than trying to make money online. I'm thinking that I'd like to collect a toolkit now while I go to college knowing it will be some time before I try to start some kind of an online business. What tools would you recommend I get in my "toolbox" of tools & utilities assuming I have nothing. (Please exclude skills and experience.) For example a domain name, a website (about me/topic x/anything), specific software, PLR articles, free e-mail accounts, etc. are all tools in some form.
What do you think would be worth collecting before I know what I'll be doing?

First off I agree do not wait till out of school go full into it now - I deal with tons of college students and some high school age kids as well who are killing it.

Now the best tool out there is your mind - be smart and follow your gut - this will help you in finding niches to market to and weeding through all the BS tools out there.

You know you should be into social media (everyone should) but what tools should you use? Twitter Vs. FriendFeed.com or what about youtube vs Seesmic etc. I would use them all and slowly fade from one to the other after you find one that works better for you. I was on friendster.com for a while and then moved to myspace and then moved to facebook - at this point I canceled friendster and go into myspace like bimonthly and I use facebook weekly. I use twitter daily - update my blog weekly and I do a new youtube video monthly or as needed.

I do have to say FriendFeed will be useful in aggregating all the social media tools you use. I also like filezilla as an ftp client - Trillion as a chat client - textpad as an html editor.

Also join all affiliate marketing networks and find the network that works best for you and your business.

The tools you pick are critical and I would read some blog reviews and try as many out as possible and then move to ones that work for you but remember the number one tool --- your mind !

If you need yet another person to tell you not to wait. Well.... don't wait. In the IM (Internet Marketing) world, tools change on a weekly basis so what you'll need in two years is a question that can't really be effectively answered until two years from now. So what it seems you need is a sense of urgency. You don't even need a single dollar to start your first internet business. Find a product or service you have already enjoyed (No cost or time involved) and then join an affiliate program for that product or service (5 min tops), then write an e-mail sharing your experience with said product or service and send it to everyone in your e-mail address book (10 min tops). So what you need to get your feet wet is about 15 minutes and the deisre to start your first Internet business.
You will have become an active affiliate and written your first sales letter. Get the snowball rolling down the hill and go from there.

Get going...........

What are you waiting for??? Get going........

GO GO GO!

I'll join the chorus and also tell you not to wait. Even if you just start a personal blog you'll be picking up skills as you go. Writing is a skill you can put to excellent use in so many ways in the 'make money online' world so a blog wil help you develop your writing skills.

I've recently added PHP to my skillset and it has helped tremendously. I've coded a lot of my own tools to help manage my PPC campaigns. You can buy similar things to what I built myself but because I built and designed them they are exactly what I need.

banners
Back