The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What scripts do you want?

stealthhosts

affiliate
I was planning on expanding this section by providing some scripts which are relevant to both hosting suppliers and to webmasters (the focus will remain on hosting suppliers). This will include the server status script already posted, some monitoring scripts, SSH through your webbrowser and the like.

A lot of these tools will be as useful to users as their suppliers especcially for information purposes.

Is there anything in particular that people would like to see?

Why not just break down what a good webhost offers and start from there. I can say that some of the greatest mysteries to me are custom error pages, htaccess and cron jobs.

I would say that a cms such as mambo & Drupal, plus a decent directory script, a forum like phpbb, & a blog should just about cover every base. Add to this automatic install and you will get plenty of referred business IMO.

Duke said:
Why not just break down what a good webhost offers and start from there. I can say that some of the greatest mysteries to me are custom error pages, htaccess and cron jobs.

It was more from a webhosts point of view (like the server monitoring stuff) but seeing how the thread is going it seems that other scripts are more important to people, I'll follow the thread

Old Welsh Guy said:
I would say that a cms such as mambo & Drupal, plus a decent directory script, a forum like phpbb, & a blog should just about cover every base. Add to this automatic install and you will get plenty of referred business IMO.

We include automatic install of over a hundred scripts including CMS (mambo, phpcms, phpnuke, postnuke and about 10 others), PHPBB, multiple shopping carts and a lot more, All of which are 1 button installs (type a username and password and press the button), all mysql and configuration is done by the installer. Each is custom made and stealthhosts branded. (shameless plug /end)

I will look at releasing something similar for remote servers perhaps, hadn't really thought about it before. We do offer script installation services as well, perhaps this could reduce our overheads.

Paul_KY said:
Post some of those good ol' autobookmark, homepage hijacker scripts, will yeah?

LOL

Sorry, we don't employ any techniques like that, and would discourage others from doing so.

I know your joking, but we modelled our site to make sure that as many people as possible could see it, using CSS they would all see the same thing and they would not have to worry about adverts, popups, popunders or browser hijacks. Any rputable webhost should do the same, it enhances the potential cusomter experience IMHO

We are not all musketeers(strikethrough: marketeers) :D

stealthhosts said:
It was more from a webhosts point of view (like the server monitoring stuff) but seeing how the thread is going it seems that other scripts are more important to people, I'll follow the thread

The only reason I made mention of it is because you have a lot more users here that are webmasters than webhosts.

Now that you mention it, if you can provide information on how to start up a webhosting company then that would be 00ber as well.

That site looks pretty interesting to me, but then again, what the hell do I know?

I'm having trouble with the creating a website in under 6 hours with as many as 300 pages tho. How is that possible?

stealthoists, are you talking about Fantastico through cpanel? Cause that just about offers lots of scipts like you mention and can be branded through RVSkins and the like to make it look like your company. The only problem iwith fantastico is that it's a bit slow on updates (which is a bit of a worry sometimes with security loopholes) and that sometimes it messes up the installation of scripts for seemingly unknown reasons.

No, I'm talking about scripts for webhosts and developers primarily.

Fantastico is a brand anyway, there are quite a few offering much better solutions, if you would like more details let me know.

banners
Back