The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What makes you decide to join a forum?

First of all, I'll join a forum if it's the only one on that subject. Another important aspect to me is having a read of some posts and seeing what sort of conversation goes on - whether or not it is to my needs.

Last thing is if the forum has very few members or the last post was ages ago, it's very unlikely that I'll join if that's the case.

David

For me one of the most important things that would make me join a forum is the topic of the forum, then the quality of the post and then how friendly the atmosphere is in the forum.

Yup, need interesting debate, friendly people and good moderation.

After that, a good link policy and revenue sharing helps!

After that, a good link policy and revenue sharing helps!

We did try the revenue sharing stuff a while ago, this forum crashed and I never bother putting it back on again, do you may any significant revenue from your participation in revenue sharing forums?

(just asking to see if its worth bringing it back)

I'm usually recommended too them or if someone links me to a post from one and I like the fact that its active. I'm also sadly swayed by design. I won't join an ugly forum! And too many ads/users are a nono! I dont like forums where the people are just downright rude (pretty much like me though I try hard not to be!) and I think we all know which forums I mean *cough*wordpress*cough* The abuse I've had on there from stuck up coders who think they know everything and can't understand someone who doesn't know the ins and outs of every tag. grr.

An interesting topic will bring me in but I will lose interest quickly if the posts are not fresh daily.

Here's my list for what it's worth. Not in any particular order.
The right subject
A good level of membership skills
Friendly and welcoming
Easy to navigate structure
Plenty of activity
Not too many categories and sub categories creating Dormant areas
A bit (but not too much) democracy
God TOS with sensible and effective Moderators

There's probably more, but that will do for now.

Easy to navigate, fast loading, ACTIVE, and good quality polite postings.

Obviously on topic or else I wouldn't have gone there in the first place :)

Sometimes I do a test for one or another forum:
I post a question directly related to the niche and wait for answer.

If no one reply within 1-2 days or post some useless stuff like "better go look it this or that forum for the answer" - Iwill not go back there...

I look for some form of a community that hasn't become a clique. This usually takes time to find. People who aren't uptight about politics or fervently closed minded also help. Rants and raves that go on for weeks simply because someone won't accept someone else's political position really become irritating.

...and if the latest post is dated 2-1-2003 I will likely click away... :rolleyes:

I dont like forums where the people are just downright rude (pretty much like me though I try hard not to be!) and I think we all know which forums I mean *cough*wordpress*cough*

want to be like me much?? quit stolzing my sentences bot man.

I am sure the SEOcontest2008 is bringing a lot of people to this forum!!! :good:

If it has a lot of active members. I just activated my account today on this forum. Lots of active members here.

There are so many different reasons that people join forums. Even though there are so many to choose from, I guess the main thing for me is:
good topics
enough people (but not too many, so that you can't keep up)
good/fast responses
friendly environment
and overall, a place where you want to go back everyday :)

Last edited by a moderator:
banners
Back