The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What is your worst business idea?

temi

affiliate
I am sure sometimes we have had a not too bright business idea which did not fly. What would you consider to be your worst business idea?

Well, my worst business idea was starting a dating website. I spent countless of man hours working on it, ran it for over 3 years and basically made almost nothing from it.
Had I spent my time and effort pursuing other website ideas, I probably would have been more successful and made more money.

My worst business idea was regional directory service in Bangladesh. Nothing I get from there, but my putting effort was super.

I consider mine a delayed sucess. I want to start and authoritative violins directory at violins.info , one day I will :)

Every august in Hungary a huge fetival is arranged, named Sziget Festival. With my sister we thought developing an site for ADS would be a great idea. That was my first meeting with frontpage. As I remember we earned 68 cent. That is not to much :D

68 cent ! that is disappointing, did you and your sister site down to analyse what went wrong?

The timing was not the best. With a new domain I couldn't reach good rankings in SEs, because I was not the best in seo that time.

When I recall the site I must laugh. :D

Perhaps you got the marketing wrong? You may want to do a bit of marketing research to see how you can get it off the ground

Worst idea turning out successful

Working for a Chamber of Industry and Commerce we got this new project for a client who wanted to export his foldable toilet seats (yes, guys, it is not a mistake) to the UK. Fortunately, it was not my project and my poor work mate had to spend countless hours trying to market this product to potential business partners. After few months my boss decided that I had to help him out and I had litterally to call hundreds of companies, which might be interested.

And believe it or not, it is not the easiest task to stay serious when you talk about foldable toilet seats;-) The product is supposed to be top end with regard to hygiene... Just think of going with a foldable toilet seat in your bag into a pub, having a few ales, using it and then folding it back into your bag, arghhhhh. Unbelievable, but true: We found few business partners in the end. After making the first deal I had to leave the office as I could not stop laughing. And this is how the story ends...Unbelievable, but true...

lala

Lala, I actually think its not a bad idea (foldable toilet seat) but I can imagine it being funny to sell :)

Temi,

You are right. It might have its place and time.

But they advertised it as an accessory to taken around in a cool bag. Not so sure about this;-) Might be more of a thing for going camping or so...

lala

Yes Lala,
On a camping trip it will be very useful or for people with medical condition. I once train to sell orthopaedic beds when I lived in London, I never managed to sell one :( not surprised giving that the bed cost about £5,000

You see what I mean Lala, when you think your idea is crazy, just wait till you hear even a crazier proposition like the bed :)

banners
Back