The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What Is Your Link Building Strategy?

TylerDurden

I have a few niche websites that I'd like to SEO and my current "strategy" is to build links randomly. By randomly I mean I'll post on forums, social bookmark, blog comment, submit to directories, and submit articles a few times a week each. Unfortunately this hasn't been to successful and I feel it's because I'm doing everything so randomly and it would be best if I had a clear formula to follow.

Does anyone have any formulas for link building that they've had success with and don't mind sharing?

That sounds like an ideal way to build links for the long haul. However, it does take time.

How long have you been trying to promote this site? What sort of competition are you running against?

That sounds like an ideal way to build links for the long haul. However, it does take time.

How long have you been trying to promote this site? What sort of competition are you running against?

For both sites I'm targeting keywords with less than 10k exact searches/month and my competition doesn't have page rank higher than 4. I've been promoting 1 site for about a year and the other has been for just a few weeks. I guess I'd like to have more structure in my link building campaign so I can go back and see what works and what doesn't but I have no idea what would be a good formula to try out.

My advice is make sure the keywords you are using as anchor text are also within the contents. I repeat my keywords at least 5 times in the body of the page.

The time factor is the killer for those sorts of strategies. I find being part of a community and sharing content, and then spinning that content to be unique while adding relevancy and speed is the way to get your web properties at the top of the engines quickly.

Personally I just do tons and tons of articles through squidoo, ezine, newbiz, goarticles, articledashboard, etc and then I do the social bookmarking, pinging and RSS feed submission. It takes a while for high competition keywords, but it's all worth it in the end.

Does Google do an update every 3 months or something? I've recently noticed a jump in my rankings which I think is due to work I did a few months ago. I like the suggestions on article marketing. How many articles do some of you submit daily? For me I find it really hard to bring myself to write a new article every day but I've heard if you submit like 5 a day you will see really good results.

Does Google do an update every 3 months or something? I've recently noticed a jump in my rankings which I think is due to work I did a few months ago. I like the suggestions on article marketing. How many articles do some of you submit daily? For me I find it really hard to bring myself to write a new article every day but I've heard if you submit like 5 a day you will see really good results.

No. Google recalculates PageRank and rankings on an ongoing basis ("everflux"). What happens approximately every 3-4 months is they export the graphical representations of PageRank called "Toolbar PR" but that's virtually meaningless.

There have been some changes recently at Google, however. One is that Caffeine is now live, affecting how and how quickly Google injects new information into its databases. There was also a change in Google's ranking algorithms in May.

I think diversity is the key, sounds like your current strategy is fine.

One thing to keep in mind is not only the diversity of your link sources but also diversity in the anchor text. If you have a thousand links all pointing at the same page on your site, all with the same anchor text it looks artificial and unnatural.

Vary the anchor text around a little by including the top 3 or 4 terms within the anchor text and have links pointing to different pages i.e. category pages (widgets) and individual product pages (blue widgets).

You'll also find that your link building efforts probably wont show any immediate benefit, this can take weeks or months to filter through depending on where your links are coming from, how much link juice they pass and how often they get crawled etc.

Hope it helps.

I think diversity is the key, sounds like your current strategy is fine.

One thing to keep in mind is not only the diversity of your link sources but also diversity in the anchor text. If you have a thousand links all pointing at the same page on your site, all with the same anchor text it looks artificial and unnatural.

Vary the anchor text around a little by including the top 3 or 4 terms within the anchor text and have links pointing to different pages i.e. category pages (widgets) and individual product pages (blue widgets).

You'll also find that your link building efforts probably wont show any immediate benefit, this can take weeks or months to filter through depending on where your links are coming from, how much link juice they pass and how often they get crawled etc.

Hope it helps.

Thank you, it does.
How soon can I start seeing results?
I also asked about a limit in posting links. What is the number of links I could post?

As said above I think diversity is the key, and I dont know if there is a certain number limit, I post as many as I have time for daily.

I get doFollow backlinks by link exchange, this is what I'm focusing on mainly. I search related websites and I contact their administrator, usually 3 from 5 websites respond to my e-mail and tell me if they are interested or not. Before I contact them I always do a research to be sure that those websites are quality websites with quality content. Else the backlinks are not very useful. I also gain backlinks by blog commenting and forum posting (to be honest:p).

among the social bookmarking sites, only StumbleUpon and Reddit give me a good amount of human traffic...Digg doesn't give anything at all....

Try a link exchange with other higher page rank site which are similar to your business . Write an email asking them to have a link exchange. Most of the website have link exchange page nowadays.

MI
Back