The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

What is your blog worth?

temi

affiliate
Last edited by a moderator:
Incredible fee paid. A little jealous but well done to him. He had a great domain for his blog for sure.

Wouldn't have a clue how to value my blog which is attached to main site.

Any ideas on valuations would be interesting UK Property Blog

How have you estimated your valuations Temi?

The idea is for you to value your own blog, I am not an expert, you should just say how much you will be prepared to accept to let you blog go :)

Incredible fee paid. A little jealous but well done to him. He had a great domain for his blog for sure.

Wouldn't have a clue how to value my blog which is attached to main site.

Any ideas on valuations would be interesting UK Property Blog

How have you estimated your valuations Temi?

well temi what did u think before value your blog

i mean how do i know the worth:-s

what should i consider before value my blog worth :-s

just pluck a figure out of the air, based on age of blog, contents, traffic etc

The idea is for you to value your own blog, I am not an expert, you should just say how much you will be prepared to accept to let you blog go :)

Based upon above i would say my UK Property Blog is worth.......
say £5K - 10 k with the attached main site. The blog is a directory within main site.

However, i feel as i would, that the blog has more potential for traffic and earnings and wouldn't let it go for less than £30k.

The blog was an addition to the site and an after thought, i wish i had started it seperate now:)

That is and excellent argument for the value of your blog redsy, that is how I arrive at the valuation i gave my blogs too.

Based upon above i would say my UK Property Blog is worth.......
say £5K - 10 k with the attached main site. The blog is a directory within main site.

However, i feel as i would, that the blog has more potential for traffic and earnings and wouldn't let it go for less than £30k.

The blog was an addition to the site and an after thought, i wish i had started it seperate now:)

There is always a massive difference in what people value their sites and what they are actually worth, 9 times out of 10 they over value it ALOT, a site is only worth as much as someone is prepared to pay for it

You have a valid argument but quite a lot of people also undervalue their website from the prices I have seen sites exchange hands at marketplace

I value a site based on around 18 months turnover if its well established etc. But this does vary somewhat from 6 months to 40 months depending on a lot of factors.

I value a site based on around 18 months turnover if its well established etc. But this does vary somewhat from 6 months to 40 months depending on a lot of factors.

Interesting, though turnover can be high and profit low; so as you say many factors must be considered.

Its really hard to value based upon standard multiples.

My blog? Can't see that my blog would be of any use to anyone but me, it might get sold for around $100 if i where lucky.

I would estimate the value of my largest website around $10.000, not saying i would sell it for that though. :thumbup:

There are some funny tools around that tries to value websites by backlinks and traffic rank, but they seam more like webmaster toys to me.

Last edited:
And how did you arrive at the $10,000 value for your largest blog?

My blog? Can't see that my blog would be of any use to anyone but me, it might get sold for around $100 if i where lucky.

I would estimate the value of my largest website around $10.000, not saying i would sell it for that though. :thumbup:

There are some funny tools around that tries to value websites by backlinks and traffic rank, but they seam more like webmaster toys to me.

I wouldn't use turnover to value the site. I would multiply annual profit by between 3 and 5 times depending on other factors.

I would look at salary/wage costs. If the site requires a person to run it I would want to see that person's salary in the accounts. If the salary is too small to live on then I would deduct a typical full time salary from the profit before multiplying it up for the valuation.

It's all very well saying "I made £20,000 profit from my website" but if you didn't take any salary and the site requires say 20 hours a week to run then really the profit of the site is zero if you took payment for the work by drawing the profit for yourself.

In addition, if there was only say 1 years accounts then I would be more likely to value the site at 3 times profit. If on the other hand the site has made consistent profit for say 5 years then I would be more likely to value the site at 5 times profit.

Another important factor is the level of liabilities although there are unlikely to be too many liabilities for most websites. Think about Lloyds's purchase of HBOS and you will understand why this is important.

I would also look at ROI to understand the level of investment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Valuations

Something is only worth what somebody else is prepared to pay.

While you own it, it is worth somewhere between...

zero minus the running costs TO how much somebody else is prepared to pay.

The chances are that people would buy it solely for the user database or perhaps for the advertising revenue.

But even so, don't expect as much as you think unless the other guy is desperate and willing to pay over the odds.

Something is only worth what somebody else is prepared to pay.

While you own it, it is worth somewhere between...

zero minus the running costs TO how much somebody else is prepared to pay.

The chances are that people would buy it solely for the user database or perhaps for the advertising revenue.

But even so, don't expect as much as you think unless the other guy is desperate and willing to pay over the odds.

I have to agree that it is worth what the buyer will pay and what the market is like at the time of putting your blog up for sale.
However, many factors to consider. The niche, web traffic, PageRank, Alexa traffic, monthly income the site generates.

MI
Back