The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What is VIRAL MARKETING?

borgie

affiliate
I just came across this term, viral marketing, and i'm curious. does it really work? what makes it different from all the other search engine marketing approaches? :)

here's what it says:

Exploit the power of new viral marketing today! Drive large amounts of related internet traffic to your website. Recieve search engine rank boost instantly. This is one of a kind unique 100% White Hat approach which avoids issues related to pay per click fraud.

At it's most basic, Viral Marketing involves the distribution of a marketing vehicle (ebook, software, report, etc...) that can be freely copied and passed around thus gaining exponential exposure to your product or link

Hey borgie,

Your question is a good one because I push the system as number one.

Think of it as a fire and a line of people passing the bucket of water to each other to accomplish the end result. They all have a stake in the general store that is on fire.

Business cards have always been a viral marketing system as they get passed around to other people as well as word mouth.

On the Internet its writing an e-book, a report, or producing a software with your name and links in it. This creates a Viral marketing where people get to know your name and your product as it is passed around.

It can land in the lap of someone who was looking for it causing them to buy or find it profitable to themselves in some way. They click the added links and end up on your affiliate pages. You see how everyone profits from it.

It is one marketing technique that has made the Gurus well known and rich. Nothing new. Just reworked.

Sometimes people trying to SELL you something will say it's a viral marketing system.

Keep in mind that for something to be TRULY viral it must have enough value or be interesting/exciting/fun enough that people WANT to share with other, pass it on,
or tell people to click the link.

One of the most successful viral marketing campaigns ever was ElfYourself by OfficeMax. Tons of people used it and told their friends to go watch the Elf videos they created. Here's a 5 Star thread about it.
<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/breakroom-hang-out-shoot-breeze/8477-i-elfed-my-babies-shawn-collins.html?highlight=elfed">I ELFed my Babies & Shawn Collins!</a>

You can't watch the vids anymore - they took them down for the season.

thanks for the inputs....

thanks y'all for the inputs. like they say, experience is always the best teacher, so i'm hanging around and trying out what's the best way to make extra bucks on the net.

banners
Back