The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What is the good timing to submit your website to directories

uniquejosh

affiliate
Hi,

We have just launched a new website and of course we have not got too much users and content yet. I know it always help to submit your website to online directory sites. However, I have got advice that I should do that once I have got some users and the website is more happening. Is it true? Do you think submission to directory can actually help to generate more traffic in the initial stage?

Thanks

Josh

Directory submissions don't generate any direct traffic irrespective of the state your website is in :)

The best time to start directory submissions is anytime after you put have some good content on your website.

I think the best time to submit your site to directories is when your site is fully finished which means that its content is good and complete and all its pages are working well. That's because it will only be rejected to be included on the list if it's still under construction.

Why every three months? I submit my sites to all new directories announced on forums to get accepted quickly. Many times directories become paid after getting a PR and I am already in them :)

The best time to submit a website is, when it is complete (i.e. design complete, content kept on it, broken links corrected etc. etc.). Now its the time to give your site some exposure for this submit it to directories first, then proceed to other off page processes. It should be repeated after every 2-3 months to make sure that your site has a listing.

Keyword Rich title

When you have written your keyword rich title,meta tags and content of website then it is ideal time to start directory submission.

MI
Back