The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What is the best way to use Pinterest for SEO?

Dean!

Awesome
affiliate
What is the best way to use Pinterest to benefit you SEO wise?

The only thing I can really think of is links in the description/comments.

I have been curious about this myself aswell to be honest as I have just recently started using Pinterest more often from today and I am finding it an interesting site.

I do know that they are a toolbar add on I think it is that you can install and when you are on a certain page on the internet you can pin it to one of your boards. I have created a board for my forum and I have been pinning certain topics to my board that I feel may interest others so maybe that is another way to use Pinterest for SEO purposes.

The best way to think of Pinterest, if you’re not familiar with it, is as your personal or business bulletin board – it’s where you pin pictures of things you like: your style, your interests, your aspirations…anything you can represent with images from the internet.

I think Pinterest just soured the SEO milk by launching Pinterest for businesses. Some of the related changes they made to accomplish this will surely result in Google not indexing or not trusting the non-editorial business pages where your links are. As with anything, use Pinterest in moderation. Be on it but don't only be on it.

Again, very similar to what I told a fellow STF member, find specif keywords searched by the public with the Google Keyword Tool, and use them in your comments/descriptions. People will search tags, and will lead to your topic.

SonnyNET64

I think it's more important to think about how to use it with *real* users.

Pinterest can push a lot of traffic to your site. If a pin goes viral within the site, it can continue getting pinned for months afterward. Even if Google doesn't care, that's residual traffic that makes it worthwhile regardless.

I have not used Pinterest much so I appreciate the information in this thread. I like the idea of thinking of it as a bulletin board for my websites. I think it is a good way to get more traffic to your site from people who might not be on Facebook or Twitter or LinkedIn. I don't know if it will really help SEO that much, but it couldn't hurt.

Don't forget that the Pinterest browser plugins will grab the tags from your images. If someone pins an image from your site, it will be posted to Pinterest with the tags you put in.

I have been thinking about joining Pinterest for marketing purposes, but wasn't sure how useful it would be. I like the concept of Pinterest, it is nice to see something different from Facebook and Twitter. Thanks for the information and tips, very helpful!

I've been using Pinterest for some time as an SEO tool, and it does supply some of the traffic for my sites.
It's way down the referral list, but it's there!
I pin things from my own sites, with tags and links and relevant keywords. I also pin things from other sites that are relevant to what I am pinning about at the time. I think if you only pin your own stuff you can quickly put off interested parties.
It's nice to see others opinions on this matter

I often see the option to share a blog on Pinterest, and it always seems odd to me. Maybe I'm only basing this on my own experience with Pinterest, but I don't see many blogs or articles pinned by people. Even if they did, I feel like it would just get lost amongst the craft projects, pet pictures, and ecard jokes.

Pinterest is the popular website for getting traffic and customers. But, there are some tips and tricks for using Pinterest. If this platform is used in an effective way, then it can prove useful to your business.

Share Infographic, Write description on pin, comment on pin, using # tag with keyword and send message to your pinier is the best way to promote your business on Pinterest.

One of the biggest mistakes I see on Pinterest is people pinning only their own products.
Pin Consistently
Follow Interesting & Relevant Accounts
Use a keyword research tool like Google Keyword Planner to come up with keyword ideas
Follow other interesting Pinterest users that are pinning the type of content that your target users would be interested in.

MI
Back