The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What is Redirect Backlink? Is it good for SEO?

dmhuan

affiliate
Ok, I stumbled upon a few sites about redirect backlink. I've never use this kind of backlink before, so I have no idea. Are they good for SEO? The ideas I've gathered are conflict. Some say they are black hat SEO. Help me everyone

Ok, I stumbled upon a few sites about redirect backlink. I've never use this kind of backlink before, so I have no idea. Are they good for SEO? The ideas I've gathered are conflict. Some say they are black hat SEO. Help me everyone
What do you mean by redirect backlink? Do you mean internal redirect link like 301 redirect or domain redirect traffic?

All I get when I go to that link is:
The requested service is temporarily unavailable. It is either overloaded or under maintenance. Please try later.

So that's not likely going to help you. A redirect backlink, to my understanding, is a backlink someone has generously posted to go to your website, but is to an outdated part of your website. In an attempt to salvage the effectiveness of that backlink on your google ranking (or SEO), you make sure that backlink redirects to the content that it's looking for, which you might have moved, or at the very least, goes to something that is otherwise relevant or important on your website.

Not sure how this would be considered black hat SEO, maybe I'm not understanding your question. Speaking of, I can't think of anything really that would be considered black hat SEO, although I'm not too experienced in it. It's my understanding that those types of activities (e.g. mass posting a link to your site on thousands of sites) may have helped you in the ancient history of the internet, but nowadays, these types of things only hurt your ranking, especially with Google.

Just a note, it's important to make sure all backlinks work, as even backlinks to valid URLs/contents may be broken for various reasons besides content being moved or removed.

All I get when I go to that link is:

So that's not likely going to help you. A redirect backlink, to my understanding, is a backlink someone has generously posted to go to your website, but is to an outdated part of your website. In an attempt to salvage the effectiveness of that backlink on your google ranking (or SEO), you make sure that backlink redirects to the content that it's looking for, which you might have moved, or at the very least, goes to something that is otherwise relevant or important on your website.

Not sure how this would be considered black hat SEO, maybe I'm not understanding your question. Speaking of, I can't think of anything really that would be considered black hat SEO, although I'm not too experienced in it. It's my understanding that those types of activities (e.g. mass posting a link to your site on thousands of sites) may have helped you in the ancient history of the internet, but nowadays, these types of things only hurt your ranking, especially with Google.

Just a note, it's important to make sure all backlinks work, as even backlinks to valid URLs/contents may be broken for various reasons besides content being moved or removed.
Thank you, I got it!

Redirect links are outdated Off Page SEO, These techniques are dead. So please don't dare to do.

Try to find unique ways to get backlinks, try to earn backlinks through forum engagement, Guest Blogging, Article Submission and Blogger outreach.

Redirect Backlink is the expire and updated technique in Off-page SEO. Why work with this technique which is outdated. Perform the new and updated techniques of getting a backlink. Don't try to perform this technique it may harm your website.

banners
Back