The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Support What is going on?

PurePay

Hello all and especially support.

How is it possible to enjoy this forum anymore when it is SPAMMED with nutra and other bs. Just today i have seen 10+ thread made by bots/spammers and it is getting harder and harder to find time and lust to even get on here.

Can i please be told what is the solution your coming forward with to stop this so the forum can become great again and we get these spammers cancelled out ?

Ty from a worried user.

dfgdfgdf
vital progenix
evaherbalist com rhino rx
Beauty Replenish Health and Beauty How to Use it ...
ghjgh
http supplementforus com retro lean forskolin
Offer Wanted - How Does Physio Omega Work?
Is but a few of those i found.

Thanks for your concern guys. We are actually tackling these stupid things.

How strong is the spam filter in the forum?

So strong that sometimes members have issues trying to post real content.

AFix has terrific ranking and traffic flow, things spammers find attractive, unfortunately.

I've seen the changing patterns, believe me, we are aware of what's going on and are in the process of tackling these scummy posters.

So sorry that you guys have had to see those types of posts! We're cleaning them up and working to slam the door shut on them.

Thanks for your concern guys. We are actually tackling these stupid things.

So strong that sometimes members have issues trying to post real content.

AFix has terrific ranking and traffic flow, things spammers find attractive, unfortunately.

I've seen the changing patterns, believe me, we are aware of what's going on and are in the process of tackling these scummy posters.

So sorry that you guys have had to see those types of posts! We're cleaning them up and working to slam the door shut on them.
Yeah remember I had to contact you to post a thread that had "/" as it was considered spam? :p

I know it sucks.
However, too many are useless fks.
First posts may need to be moderated perhaps.
1/3 or more of the new registrations are outright spammers.

Tough call as you want new people that come with good intentions ...

It's just crazy, i used to see one or two now today i saw 10+ which is seriously devaluating the forum and sadly someone finds it fun.

Just wanted to raise some awareness as i am losing interest in even getting on, when i see this many spams per day. Hopefully it will be fixed soon! :)

Thanks, Dennis!

Yeah, as soon as I logged in this morning, I could see that we got a lot of them overnight. More than we've had in quite some time!

I don't know if it's coincidence, or they've been casing the forums but the majority seem to hit during the same two hour window when we here in the EST zone are sleeping.

It's just crazy, i used to see one or two now today i saw 10+ which is seriously devaluating the forum and sadly someone finds it fun.

Just wanted to raise some awareness as i am losing interest in even getting on, when i see this many spams per day. Hopefully it will be fixed soon! :)
Really appreciate your concern Dennis. It show's how much you love this forum. :)

It's annoying, it's only SEO related mainly, autoposts to link back to them to either index their links fast or try to improve rankings - not realising that their link loss would be huge as we always delete them.

I suggest adding re-captcha when creating threads. Hard for bots - Easy for real people posting content.

It's not very often that people create new threads, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Maybe cast a huge vote?

"Would it bother you having to do a ReCaptcha when creating new threads?"

This would cut them right down for sure, to solve ReCaptchas, it's either manually or they pay a service x amount of money per captcha solved.

Last edited:
Hello all and especially support.

How is it possible to enjoy this forum anymore when it is SPAMMED with nutra and other bs.

Just today i have seen 10+ thread made by bots/spammers and it is getting harder and harder to find time and lust to even get on here.

Not bots, we have bot mitigation, 3 layers. These are humans in non-extradition 3rd world countries that do this in an attempt to earn from nutra offers by spamming forums and such. They work for pennies an hour. Most frequent violators are from N Korea, Bangladesh, Philippines, China, etc.

Can i please be told what is the solution your coming forward with to stop this so the forum can become great again and we get these spammers cancelled out ?

Is but a few of those i found.

If you can figure out how to do it without banning IP's rotated through 3rd world proxies, you can earn millions over night.

We have 3 layers of bot mitigation, we have 3 addons in our platform to prevent this particular form spam, and they keep finding new ways to get in. We are always hunting down these criminals and stopping them, and then they find another way.

These are humans in non-extradition 3rd world countries that do this in an attempt to earn from nutra offers by spamming forums and such. They work for pennies an hour. Most frequent violators are from N Korea, Bangladesh, Philippines, China, etc.
Sad but true... :(

DennisIPedersen
thehustler
Graybeard

Tell us please, if you were told at signup that you may need to wait up to an hour or two for your user registration to be approved, would you still join? Would you come back after?

Yes, if there's a reason for registering in the first place - most is publicly viewable so there's no need to register to take value from posts/contributions/advice given.

If a portion of post content was hidden, that would give the incentive to register, meaning more signups and less "stolen" value.

Thank you for your registration.
When you make your first post it will take as long as a few hours to appear.

Or;

Write a post bot moderator program. Regex the content for trigger words then auto-moderate. Something along the lines of spamassasin that is used for email. In fact, maybe that program's source and methods can be used?

That program uses heuristics.
The core distribution consists of command line tools to perform filtering along with Mail::SpamAssassin, a set of perl modules which allow SpamAssassin to be used in a wide range of products.

SpamAssassin: Welcome to SpamAssassin

I am so old school I actually have coded in Perl :p
I will look at it ;) No Promises

I'm so old I actually used to code in assembler and fortran, soooooooooo many years ago!:D

Thank you for your registration.
When you make your first post it will take as long as a few hours to appear.

Or;

Write a post bot moderator program. Regex the content for trigger words then auto-moderate. Something along the lines of spamassasin that is used for email. In fact, maybe that program's source and methods can be used?

That program uses heuristics.
The core distribution consists of command line tools to perform filtering along with Mail::SpamAssassin, a set of perl modules which allow SpamAssassin to be used in a wide range of products.

SpamAssassin: Welcome to SpamAssassin

I am so old school I actually have coded in Perl :p
I will look at it ;) No Promises

write a algorithm to detect a 'suspect' post.

We actually have something similar our dev guy built a few months back. We can tighten up restrictions with it, but we are trying to prevent posts by spam marketers in a marketing forum. This ends up in some overlap. Shirley and I had so many complaints from members and vendors when we first implemented it and had to loosen the criteria a little bit. This is the correct track and has helped a lot.

We actually have 3 layers built on this. XF1.5 has this built in, our dev guy has built two additional modules.

If I had the data from a large number of spam posts I could try to write a algorithm to detect a 'suspect' post. Reading the spamassin program files it is a scoring and machine learning program. It adds the found words to a database and detects suspect mail senders also.

Simply put: when the post text is 50% or more suspect --it is put in a moderation queue.
You could do a lookup of the poster's registration email address and notify the poster of the posting delay caused by this algorithmic detection.

We actually have something similar our dev guy built a few months back. We can tighten up restrictions with it, but we are trying to prevent posts by spam marketers in a marketing forum. This ends up in some overlap. Shirley and I had so many complaints from members and vendors when we first implemented it and had to loosen the criteria a little bit. This is the correct track and has helped a lot.

We actually have 3 layers built on this. XF1.5 has this built in, our dev guy has built two additional modules.
They seems to be spamming sex / nutra oriented links and texts, so i guess that is the best way to catch and eliminate them BUT with that being said how many real users won't be hit by it as this is a multi purpose channel of interests .... Meh

They seems to be spamming sex / nutra oriented links and texts, so i guess that is the best way to catch and eliminate them BUT with that being said how many real users won't be hit by it as this is a multi purpose channel of interests .... Meh

Yeah, we have network vendors here who post their new nutra offers for affiliates, so that's where things get sticky when it comes to filtering those niches.

And here I thought it was just me
BHW seems to ban alot
I am not sure why?
I've had problems with people pm me on warrior forum for sales and their system would catch it and ban them

This forum here is more unique in area of cpa marketing!
Let's catch them little worms!o_O
):((

Yeah, we have network vendors here who post their new nutra offers for affiliates, so that's where things get sticky when it comes to filtering those niches.
I know that is the hard part, how do you differenciate between the good and the bad guys.. Glad it is not my headache as a coder to get that algorhytm down :D.

MI
Back