monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What host do you use?

Discussion in 'General Internet Marketing' started by K, Oct 3, 2012.

1. K

K Administrator Administrator affiliate

List your host and give them a rating.

I use DME hosting - 3.5/5!

2. monetizer
  3. Angelman

Angelman Affiliate affiliate

I'm currently with Hostgator. Can't fault what they provide and decent Live Chat customer support. Beware of the ongoing costs once your 'cheap deal' runs out though... plus although they make it dead easy to upgrade your accounts, they don't make it easy to downgrade them (no surprise really). I've just gone with them for another year, I treat them as my experimental host, for quick ideas, small sites, blogs, landing pages, etc.

Rating 4/5

PS. Will probably get a BeyondHosting VPS at some point when I get more heavily involved in paid traffic.

4. rackspace

rackspace Affiliate affiliate

hostgator. not too good. decent, but not for those who are serious. 4/5

5. operationoffers

operationoffers Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

godaddy. I have always liked them. was going for hostgator at first but they were not as felxible as I needed. Still is a great outfit though

6. Marc

Marc 武士- Spamurai moderator affiliate

For com-TLDs HostGator (4/5), for de-TLDs the German providers All-Incl (5/5) and HostEurope (4/5).

Seriously, there´s a connection between the TLD and the country of the host.
    Google recognizes that and the sites will rank higher, if host and domains are from the same country.
    [if they aren´t already G´s #1 - little SEO-trick :)]

7. T.S.

T.S. Affiliate affiliate

Storm On Demand by Liquid Web. They are best host that I have ever used, so I would rate them... 5/5

8. Jay Wessman

Jay Wessman Affiliate affiliate

I've got a few...

HostGator - 4.5/5 (Never had an issue)
    BlueHost - 4.5/5 (Never had an issue)
    DreamHost - 4/5 (Half a point less purely because I'm not a big fan of their control panel.)
    HoleInTheWallHosting - 3.5/5 (Very cheap but have had a couple of hiccups in the past.)

Got a couple more but those are the main ones I use.

9. whisky

whisky Affiliate affiliate

I'm using liquid web. 10/10

10. rdgeeks

rdgeeks Affiliate affiliate

I use hostgator 4.5 :)

11. Matt

Matt Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

LCN - 1/5 recently left

Webhostingbuzz - 4/5

12. Blue

Blue Affiliate affiliate

Mainly a KnownHost VPS. One place I have never had a single problem for nearly 2 years.

13. Ered Mithrin

Ered Mithrin Get your fix Ninja! affiliate

JustHost - 3/5; unlimited domains, disk space and dabatases is brilliant, but I had a few issues and the support didn't convince me that they really want to help out. I think I'm going to migrate to GoDaddy. I'm even considering VPS as I'm going to need it for Prosper202 anyway...

14. bbonner

bbonner Affiliate affiliate

Arvixe. Been using them for the last year with no problems. Just got a reseller account with them also. Would give them a 5/5. I just started using a vps with Berman and that has been good as well. I have tried quite a few hosting companies and these are my favorites......

15. Marley

Marley Affiliate affiliate

Prosper runs on Beyond Hosting: 4/5 (Softaculous makes getting Prosper running easy, but I thought it would be faster ... seems much the same as when I ran it on shared hosting)

Hostwinds: 5/5. run landers, etc. cheap ($20 for a year with unlimited domains, picked up in a WSO), lightspeed, not apache for the webserver, so pretty fast. Support answered my one and only question in about 30 minutes (I locked myself out after forgetting my cPanel password). Seemed like Prosper ran just as fast on here (albeit with low volumes)

AN Hosting: 2/5. To many outages. Good support, they'd always fix issues, just wish they didn't need to in the first place

16. starcreatives

starcreatives Banned

I am using godaddy, It is good enough.

17. LukePeerFly

LukePeerFly Super Moderator Super Mod moderator Affiliate Manager Service Manager affiliate

I have a VPS with HostGator and I've been pretty happy with them. The main issue I'm continuing to run into is that I need to upgrade my VPS which isn't their fault. They provide very solid support and I think the pricing is decent :)

18. busymofo

busymofo Affiliate affiliate

Using Knownhost they have been great thus far

19. Acura

Acura Moderator moderator affiliate

HostWinds is very good. I have used them for 3+ years now with no issues at all. And the support is great.

20. Edwin Torres

Edwin Torres Affiliate affiliate

I've used HostGator for a couple of years now. So far so good

21. internalsoul

internalsoul Moderator moderator affiliate

Hostgator for my personal blogs. 4/5
    Liquid Web for landing pages. 4.5/5
    Amazon AWS for landing pages - recently shifted - 5/5

Featured Resources (View All)

MI