The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What host do you use?

I'm currently with Hostgator. Can't fault what they provide and decent Live Chat customer support. Beware of the ongoing costs once your 'cheap deal' runs out though... plus although they make it dead easy to upgrade your accounts, they don't make it easy to downgrade them (no surprise really). I've just gone with them for another year, I treat them as my experimental host, for quick ideas, small sites, blogs, landing pages, etc.

Rating 4/5

PS. Will probably get a BeyondHosting VPS at some point when I get more heavily involved in paid traffic.

godaddy. I have always liked them. was going for hostgator at first but they were not as felxible as I needed. Still is a great outfit though

For com-TLDs HostGator (4/5), for de-TLDs the German providers All-Incl (5/5) and HostEurope (4/5).

Seriously, there´s a connection between the TLD and the country of the host.
Google recognizes that and the sites will rank higher, if host and domains are from the same country.
[if they aren´t already G´s #1 - little SEO-trick :)]

I've got a few...

HostGator - 4.5/5 (Never had an issue)
BlueHost - 4.5/5 (Never had an issue)
DreamHost - 4/5 (Half a point less purely because I'm not a big fan of their control panel.)
HoleInTheWallHosting - 3.5/5 (Very cheap but have had a couple of hiccups in the past.)

Got a couple more but those are the main ones I use.

JustHost - 3/5; unlimited domains, disk space and dabatases is brilliant, but I had a few issues and the support didn't convince me that they really want to help out. I think I'm going to migrate to GoDaddy. I'm even considering VPS as I'm going to need it for Prosper202 anyway...

Arvixe. Been using them for the last year with no problems. Just got a reseller account with them also. Would give them a 5/5. I just started using a vps with Berman and that has been good as well. I have tried quite a few hosting companies and these are my favorites......

Prosper runs on Beyond Hosting: 4/5 (Softaculous makes getting Prosper running easy, but I thought it would be faster ... seems much the same as when I ran it on shared hosting)

Hostwinds: 5/5. run landers, etc. cheap ($20 for a year with unlimited domains, picked up in a WSO), lightspeed, not apache for the webserver, so pretty fast. Support answered my one and only question in about 30 minutes (I locked myself out after forgetting my cPanel password). Seemed like Prosper ran just as fast on here (albeit with low volumes)

AN Hosting: 2/5. To many outages. Good support, they'd always fix issues, just wish they didn't need to in the first place

I have a VPS with HostGator and I've been pretty happy with them. The main issue I'm continuing to run into is that I need to upgrade my VPS which isn't their fault. They provide very solid support and I think the pricing is decent :)

MI
Back