The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

what do you value in a host?

D

dlive

what do you value in a web hosting company? I go on reputation and pricing but I have learned the hard way that pricing shouldn't hold much weight. I do research on the host and try to find out what the experience is for other users. how about you?

I go for reputation first followed by pricing, if I have to choose one over the other, I will go for reputation.

I go usually with reputation, server reliability then price. Yea pricing should really be the last thing to look at. It's best to go with hosts that offer free trials for cheap trials of their hosting. It's not a good idea to go for the 1 year - 2 year plans etc. Yes it will save you money, but paying monthly is better just in case the company goes down hill and you need to find a new place.

I go for reputation as well as server uptime (server reliability) and their customer support (quick).

DON.

I go for reputation, pricing and customer service.
Also, I check web hosting directory and look their review about web hosting company that I want to choose.

For me reputation and reliability is more important than pricing assuming that they do not charge the earth but like anything else in life sometimes the cheapest is not always the best.

Reliability for me every time! Bugger price (unless it is nuts), it is all down to their communications and reliability.

I also think that reality is important. it is no good looking like someone walking around with a sheet over their head as that just isn't scary enough.

The severed head under the arm is a good one, as is the added effect of riding a horse. Wooooooo Wooooooo wails are also pretty good for ghosts....

I learned the hard way that a good recommendation is worth following up. Then look at reliability and customer service. I also think a host with a public forum helps you get a feel for the service you can expect.

This is quite true, I almost sign up with a host, visiting their public forum first, I saw a response one of their admin made to a customer, it put me right of going ahead with buying from them.

I also think a host with a public forum helps you get a feel for the service you can expect.

1st :- Reputation
2nd :- Pricing
3rd:- customer service

the most imp thing is server reliability . i m rady to pay more for if server uptime is good.

I go mostly for reputation and reliability. Because my experience tell me though cheap is a good thing .But it will turn out many problems latter .

I go for pricing and reputation about equal - in terms of reputation, customer service is massively important - been burnt there before - not sure if its OK to give details and name of company so I can warn you?

Network - Price - Reputation

If they can cope with my 4-5 Gbits of peak traffic or not is a big factor for me though.

If its simply webhosting i would always always put price as one of the last things id look at.

MI
Back