monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What do you look for in an Affiliate Manager?

Discussion in 'General Merchant & Advertisers Forum' started by HCFGrizzly, Feb 18, 2016.

1. HCFGrizzly

HCFGrizzly Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

As the name of the thread suggest, I`m interested on what qualities people are looking for in an Affiliate Manager.
    What do you dislike about your current Affiliate Manager? What you would to change?
    And one more thing: Do you prefer to be contacted by email or by phone?

Looking forward to your answers.

2. monetizer
  3. Leif W

Leif W Affiliate affiliate

Hey there!

Skype is my preferred means of contact with our AMs.

I like AMs who are proactive and set a regular schedule of when to launch and review campaigns.

AMs with eCPMs with specific targeting data are also always more likely to get my traffic.

Good question!

Thanks

MarinaKimia and HCFGrizzly like this.
  4. HelenVendo

HelenVendo Affiliate affiliate

Hello!
    I'm working under 2 affiliate programs. One of them has general support for affiliates and the second one provides you with personal affiliate manager. This manager always helps me with all my question really quickly and which is more he monitors my results and write me some advices and concerns.
    So of course affiliates like to be treated in this way when they feel they're really a part of the company.
    And I prefer to be contacted by email. Although sometimes we appoint phone conversations, but I would not like to receive calls without an appoitment.

MarinaKimia likes this.
  5. Primeone

Primeone Affiliate affiliate

I like: good English skills, a little small talk in the begging, promptitude, and a skype id :). That's plenty

MarinaKimia likes this.
  6. IndeXer

IndeXer Affiliate affiliate

The thing which is torturing me and making me to leave maxbounty is the response time of my AM. She is never online, I always get replies after hours. She is pretty nice to talk to but when I need her, she is never online. This is the thing I don't want to see in any AM.

It will make a big difference if we get the response on time. So, for me, its the response time.

Regards
    IndeXer

Alex_Chess and BobanV like this.
  7. Anddrew

Anddrew Affiliate affiliate

I prefer to keep in touch then e-mail , Skype, social networks , and only then through the phone.

8. Thomas Perry

Thomas Perry Affiliate affiliate

I vote for Skype, both messages and calls, it seems to me one of the most convenient means of communication.
    As for AM is concerned I prefer personal assistance, good language, quick replies. I must feel that AM is a real professional in his job, cause sometimes it seems that you are talking to a robot who learnt only several phrases and can't give you any piece of advice

9. JakeMA

JakeMA Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

As an affiliate manager I like to offer all my affiliates around the clock support and time. I work remote in the UK so my general working day helps me cover all timezones. I also have my skype and emails on my phone so I'm always available... Unless I'm asleep but even then I wont keep you waiting long. I prefer to contact or be contacted by skype, email, whatsapp and facebook.

As an AM I like to represent MonsterAds and myself professionally by giving advice on all aspects of affiliate marketing. This can either be from general advice on our top converting offers, providing stats, providing targeting information, helping with advice on optimizing campaigns i.e. landers and creatives. As well as giving an insight into what traffic sources are working well.

I also like to get to know people on a personal level. guys that have been with us for months.. even years I can class as my friend as we generally speak every day. No one wants to talk business 24/7 :)

10. MarinaKimia

MarinaKimia Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

Alex_Chess likes this.
  11. AN.MDT

AN.MDT Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

Honesty
    Friendly
    The response time of not more than 2-3 hours
    Could available to explain any problem
    Contact via email, skype

12. BobanV

BobanV Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

As AM myself and experience I got so do far, fast response is what Affiliates want the most.

In generally, we all need to be polite and honest, but what makes difference is if you are there when Affiliate needs you.
    Cause of that reason I am trying to be as much as possible there for our Affiliates, even some quick skyping on weekends is included.
    Why not, it doesn't bother me.

Thank you guys for mentioning everything above and thanks for the OP idea, cause we all need feedback to get better, to build and maintain good relationship with Affiliates.

Alex_Chess likes this.
  13. teardroptony9

teardroptony9 Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

An affiliate manager should be very supportive to their clients and should work hand in hand to ensure their client's success.:D

As of now, I'm very happy with my affiliate manager since they provide the tools and workarounds I need in order to make money with my app.

As for the last question, I prefer being contacted through email as I'm accessing the internet for most of the time whether I'm using the PC or my mobile phone...;)

14. KelvinSm

KelvinSm Affiliate affiliate

Trust and honesty. A willingness to answer any of your questions without making you feel like you're bothering them. And a positive attitude.

Featured Resources (View All)

MI