The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What do you do when you have no motivation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xhan

<span style="color: white; font-weight: 700; backg
affiliate
What do you do when you have no motivation to design? You have no ideas or anything!?

I keep starting the new design of both my sites (and another project I've been wanting to do for months now) but I just can't come up with anything I just get bored. I can't even face my daily reads - rss, forums, stats! Its like a chore!

I finally managed to come up with something last night though! probably because the projects due in this friday! (Stress!) Its a DVD cover for our documentary, VERY basic and quite unoriginal but I'm just glad its over - not that the rest of the group have seen it yet!

Usually I just add nice sites to my inspiration tag on del.icio.us until my creative mojo comes back - what do you guys do?

I tend to keep a scrap book of nice sites I come across as I go about my daily business in preparation for a low inspiration patch like you seem to be experiencing, so a quick reference to the list tends to sort of fire my inspirations.

Something I used to do in the past is visit a site (can't remember the url) that list the best and worst sites, that tends to give me ideas as well.

but how do you get the energy back to do it?

Well, its simple, I just look at my bank balance, its usually enough to frighten me back into finding a way to carry on working, finding inspiration when non existing and putting something together to get client project completed.

If its my own project, I just leave it till I get the inspiration back.

haha yeh I looked at myt balance the other day, I may have to pimp myself out soon!

I look around the internet at free css template galleries, that then gives me ideas.

In not so many words which could debunk my life as i know it i find the best way is to let off some steam, by this i mean:

tequila.gif
+
getsmiley.php
+
fly2.gif
+
romeo.gif
+
iloveyou.gif
+
hump.gif
= INSPIRATION

In not so many words which could debunk my life as i know it i find the best way is to let off some steam, by this i mean:

tequila.gif
+
getsmiley.php
+
fly2.gif
+
romeo.gif
+
iloveyou.gif
+
hump.gif
= INSPIRATION

LOL I'll have some of the last one please!

I like to keep a pad of paper with me and just start doodling. Even if its not something of a website, but i often get ideas from things i just randomly draw.

hahaha lol!

ANywho... When I am stressed and have no motivation and I am generally sick of the look of my four office walls. I take my little one for a walk, generally, I find, just a walk round the park with her, clears my head and then ideas tend to pop into my head and I think "oh yeah" if I have no motivation to do anything, a break might help?

Does that help at all?

I refresh my head by totally switching off my useless business brain, mobile phone, computer screen, put some nice sounds of Eqinoxe of Jean Michel Jarre, Vangelis Antarctica or Vivaldi Four Seasons.
Eat one fresh apple or two and after an hour go for a long walk in any park or forest, where I just observe the world around me.
Sometimes, I use Stumble!, because there is a lot of wonderful photos, designs, ideas, addresses.

irockit or Resonate :)rockon:) seem to have good ideas :applause: LOL. I always keep a pad and pen with me so when I randomly think of things I want to draw or new designs/shapes I just put them into a book. Later I if I can't come up with any good ideas I go through my sketchs for some inspiration. If all else fails...I go for some of this :drag: LOL
Good luck!

Usually if I have no ideas it depends by the stress and the lack of energies, so I go to sleep or to watch a film. After that I surf around to get inspirations and suggestions.

However the bank balance is a really good incentive! :D

There are some days i just cannot be bothered and try as i might i do not really get much done and then out of nowhere i suddenly become much more enthusiastic and productive although i find that it helps if i plan the night before what i need to get done by way of a simple list scribbled on a bit of paper surprising but true and very effective.

I motivate me by looking at peoples sites who i know that are creeping up on mine ;) That always tends to give me a kick up the ass and do something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
banners
Back