What are your future career plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkd_uk

Hi

Do you have any future career plans?

I aim to become an I.T Consultant.

What about you?

I would like to make my living online as an ecommerce consultant/webdesigner, but it take time till my knowledge will be enough.:eek:

I have two last projects I am delivering.
1. is a VERY large project in association with the Welsh assmebly goverment, forrestry commission, countryside council for wales to name a fe, and the other is an online collaboration to bring a subscription based best of breed website promotion self service to the web.

Once these two projects are delivered, I think I will retire (again). Said i was going to retire LASt year :D

You know, to be honest I don't know what I want to do anymore. Right now I'm at a point in my life where I don't know if I want to start a UK based media company, carry on doing freelance work or what.

I'm in talks with one of the largest SEO companies to head up there head office in the UK when they expand.

I have opportunities but not sure what I want to take.

Yes, I have been successful at what I do in terms of SEO/SEM with my own sites and clients sites but I also know I am no where near being the best. I guess that is what I have always strived for, being the best at what I do.

I have been in the internet marketing industry since I was 16/17 and today is my birthday (I'm 27) and I just don't know what to do. I guess I'm lost.

Right now I have Ford as a client and once I have finished that contract I'm thinking about where I want to go next.

Everything I know about the SEO/SEM game I am pretty much self taught, like most others.

Part of my thinks "do I want to ask one of the big SEO's if they would be willing to take me under their wing and show me stuff I don't know and help me refine my skills".

I love the internet marketing industry but at the same time I know I have the potential to learn more and grow as a person and maybe one day, being the best.

I'm very passionate about SEO/SEM so I think I will stay in this industry in some capacity.

Who knows, I'm still young, and eager to learn.

KP

I am interested to be as Mukesh Ambani is....And soon I will start my company soon, but for that I need one Business Developer, who can help me in my initial stage.....

If you guys, no anyone please recommend me....

Thanks

My aim is to make enough money online to quit work completely, being a full time webmaster and owning my own network is what i want to do.

To those who want to be rich by working online, I will (if you permit me too, and it is not too presumptious), give you some advice.

Go in with an exit strategy! Now this might seem odd, but it is SO important. Before you start your business you need to know when and how you will monetise it and get out. if you don't then you are letting yourself in to having the business run you rather than the other way around.

EG we are going into a project, it has not stated properly yet, and we are already in talks and have in principle agreements to sell it if we are there or thereabouts in our projections for 2 years.

Do the same it is simple. eg. you identify your market you identify your revenue stream you know your cashflow and profit. if your profit is £200k per year and your business is solid you can get easily £2m for it. £4,000 a week is all you need. forget about the £2m and focus on the £4000 a week ;)

My goal is to keep chipping away and adding to my current SEO/SEM knowledge base over the next 12 months.

Continue to work hard on my current very-part-time business project, with a view to hopefully getting a client or two.

Not asking for to much.

1 Step at a time, see what tomorrow brings.

Its quite nice to have the dilemma you have at the moment KP :) To narrow down your options, reduce it to two. Here are some tips I hope will help you narrow it down?

Your independence, is it very important to you that you are free of Bosses or you do no mind working under a boss? If you do not like Bosses, then remain a freelance.
Since you are already very successful as a freelancer, then just keep building on your success.

Being employed also have its advantages, you do not have to worry about where you next contract comes from, chasing invoices etc etc and you actually work less when you are employed than when you are freelance.

Good luck

You know, to be honest I don't know what I want to do anymore. Right now I'm at a point in my life where I don't know if I want to start a UK based media company, carry on doing freelance work or what.

I'm in talks with one of the largest SEO companies to head up there head office in the UK when they expand.

I have opportunities but not sure what I want to take.

Yes, I have been successful at what I do in terms of SEO/SEM with my own sites and clients sites but I also know I am no where near being the best. I guess that is what I have always strived for, being the best at what I do.

I have been in the internet marketing industry since I was 16/17 and today is my birthday (I'm 27) and I just don't know what to do. I guess I'm lost.

Right now I have Ford as a client and once I have finished that contract I'm thinking about where I want to go next.

Everything I know about the SEO/SEM game I am pretty much self taught, like most others.

Part of my thinks "do I want to ask one of the big SEO's if they would be willing to take me under their wing and show me stuff I don't know and help me refine my skills".

I love the internet marketing industry but at the same time I know I have the potential to learn more and grow as a person and maybe one day, being the best.

I'm very passionate about SEO/SEM so I think I will stay in this industry in some capacity.

Who knows, I'm still young, and eager to learn.

KP

You are well on your way to achieving that Adam, one tips, at the moment, you link all your sites together regardless of niche, this may comeback and "bid you in the bum" in future.

I know most of your sites, I will strongly suggest you only link them if they are roughly in the same niche.

Good luck mate.

My aim is to make enough money online to quit work completely, being a full time webmaster and owning my own network is what i want to do.

My ambition are two:
i. Make Boss Cart premium a trusted and well know ecommerce application in in UK.
ii. Make LBS a well known and respected directory script online.

I am not asking for too much :)

I am currently a full time lecturer and part time IT consultant, but within the next few months I will be self employed as an IT consultant.

I hope to get one of my sites ranked well for the chosen keywords.

After that, I hope to retire soon (need to tie all the loose ends first) hopefully with enough money to last me for some time and go back to India and live life helping others as in a Non governmental agencies and charity organizations - working as a volunteer.

I am currently a full time lecturer and part time IT consultant, but within the next few months I will be self employed as an IT consultant.

How long did you work in I.T before becoming an I.T Consultant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
banners
Back