propellerads adcombo
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What are inodes?

Discussion in 'General Affiliate Marketing Forum' started by Tanksy, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Tanksy

Tanksy Affiliate affiliate

My host's TOS say they have a limit of 300k inodes. What are they? How many of them would a normal wordpress installation use?

2. GazCBG

GazCBG Affiliate affiliate

From my understanding, that 1 file is 1 inode.
    I am not sure if 1 folder is counted as 1 inode.

If someone can confirm the above that be great.

3. royjdeleon

royjdeleon Affiliate affiliate

I think the above reply is correct

4. MarkEMiner

MarkEMiner Affiliate affiliate

In a Unix-style file system, the inode is a data structure used to represent a filesystem object, which can be one of various things including a file or a directory. Each inode stores the attributes and disk block location(s) of the filesystem object's data.

5. NiteshPundhir

NiteshPundhir Affiliate affiliate

As we all now know that Inode is a data structure that contains information of a file. Since data structures occupy storage then an obvious question arises about when the Inodes are created in a system? Well, space for Inodes is allocated when the operating system or a new file system is installed and when it does its initial structuring. So this way we can see that in a file system, maximum number of Inodes and hence maximum number of files are set.

6. yourpcoptimizer

yourpcoptimizer Affiliate affiliate

You should follow the above methods and suggestion.

7. soniyaphilip

soniyaphilip Affiliate affiliate

Good post and good comments. I am impressed this.

8. Manson

Manson Affiliate affiliate

An inode is a record in a disk table, which contains information about a file or folder such as its size, owner, device node, socket, pipe, etc., except data content and file name. The number of inodes on your account equals the number of files and folders you have on it.

SiteGround customers may see the number of inodes they are using from their account’s cPanel -> Stats -> Inodes Usage (situated on the left side on the cPanel home page). You may need to click on the Expand Stats link in order for the Inode usage graph to be displayed.

9. Alley James

Alley James Affiliate affiliate

This is nice information.

10. designpluz

designpluz Affiliate affiliate

In a Unix-style file system, the inode is a data structure used to represent a filesystem object, which can be one of various things including a file or a directory. Each inode stores the attributes and disk block location(s) of the filesystem object's data.

Featured Resources (View All)

adsxposed