The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Wellington weather in Wales

roynorry

affiliate
Hi from North Wales in the UK.

My name is Roy and I am developing a couple of web sites, in an ammateur capacity with some formal training.

One of these sites is powered totally by Boss Cart and is the one I am concentrating on most at this time since it is in brand new development status.

I have installed it for relatives so that they can try running a shop online, but I'm so knocked out by Boss Cart, and so many new ideas have come forward even during the setup period, I decided to use the script on a second site of mine.

My background is in local radio broadcasting where I once presented live radio shows daily to a footprint of 250,000 people.

Sadly due to market forces and regulatory changes in radio broadcasting I and my colleagues were made unemployed in 2003 where we either struggled or were able to move on. The station will be totally automated by August 2007 I am told. How can this be local radio?

My intention on the Internet is to promote north Wales and its services to a wider audience world wide, but also, as with local radio in the old days, I want to promote communication and lifestyle information directly to the people of north Wales themselves, from within north Wales and live, through traffic and travel information, weather, sport and gossip etc. Advice and information are the key issues that I look for when filling my sites with content.

Of course, any web site needs to make money to survive, what with hosting costs, domain name registration fees, software, the webmasters time and knowledge... it's all valuable stuff that adds up over a 31 day cycle.

I've been doing NorthWalesLinks for 7 years, voluntarily and without income. In effect I am not only webmaster but sponsor as well. The most I have ever earned from it is $11.60, and that was through Adsense!

This Boss Cart has opened up a whole new line of opportunity for me to monetize my web site(s) because it is so addictive and easy to use, and it breeds new ideas and confidences. I can't fund a commercial shopping cart on my web site's budget but with Boss Cart that financial obstacle to creativity has been removed.

Any way, perhaps everyone has learned something about me from my post here today and I look forward to reading any responses in this and other topics.

Roy,
Welcome to UK WW, pleased you find Boss Cart useful :) Lets know what we can do to help you put North Wales on the world map :)

Thank you for your kind warm welcomes.

I have many interests in media, and along the way I have always been fascinated by second hand shops, small ad's in newspapers, free ad's papers like Loot and others, car boot sales, village hall sales and fetes. These are the ground roots level where the media touches ordinary lives the most these days as everyone looks either to save a few pence or help the environment by recycling goods via all the outlets available. I used to run an on-air 'bring and buy' style hour twice a week where listeners would phone (at local rates) and place their goods for sale in a queue. I would phone them back and we would both go on the air to describe the goods and ask the price. It was extremely popular with sellers and listeners (buyers). The Internet doesn't offer the bonus of live phone-in chat's (at least not on my budget) but there are plenty of classified ad scripts out there. I just haven't found the one that gives my vision of the idea any room to play.

I have been closely involved with almost all the theatres across north Wales at some point or the other in the past through my radio work, and I was a member of the Flintshire youth theater many moons ago. I have attended local theater groups, amateur operatic societies and village hall drama clubs during the course of my work and I have always appreciated just how important those 'What's On's" that I used to read out on the air were to those communities.

More and more, theater groups and other voluntary organizations in the community find it harder and more costly to promote their events. Through the Internet I can help change that by offering a live events php driven service that anyone can use in north Wales free of charges to register a 'What's On' or message and I think of it as the village noticeboard.

From a logistics of people point of view, I had a hand in getting our residents to work and home again through the rush hours and through any traffic chaos there was in the area, because part of my on air work included traffic and travel updates every 20 minutes for quite a number of years.This is where my urge to update and inform comes from when finding content for my web site.

My business head, such as it is, occasionally tells me to forget all the above and be more commercial about things. I guess, if I have to go commercial to survive, then some kind of shop or suppliers role would interest me a bit. I'm trying boss Cart out on my site soon and I have said that if I have to stock the thing myself to start it off I will do. I'm thinking of crafts in Wales, and selling genuine welsh crafted goods and local products. Gut feeling tells me that I should include a fair percentage of touristy type things in my shop, but I'm more interested in those every day, 365 days of the year Welsh craft workers and what they produce, be it pots and ceramics, paintings, photography, model aircrafts made from matches or jams.

The one drawback to developing any of this is the technical knowhow to make a system gives me flexibility to create database driven features very easily like a live what's on guide with user enabled contributions, or an Internet Market where folks can buy and sell or a gallery of photo's for locals who want to sell their images etc. I haven't even mentioned local unsigned musicians who want to promote their demo recording, photo's and latest video. That's a full blown cms and sales system if ever there was one. I'm tired of the American cms systems, and I really despise having my users put the date in as mm/dd/yy It is alien to our culture in the UK.

From using Boss Cart, I have seen many times how all the above requirements are partly met but how they could all be met if only Boss Cart could do it this way, or that way, and had this functionality, but alas Boss cart is a shop at the end of the day and has never pretended to be anything else. I wish it were a cms system that would allow me to build all of the above ideas and more right into it. I look forward to that day.

P.S. I don't always go on like this, but then again, I've never had the opportunity to do so amongst such company before. Don't fret if it has taken a month to read this far. I'm just grateful that you have.

Regards,

Roy.

HI Roy,

Croeso y bwrdd bach, Ymlaen y Gogledd ;) !

I have a few websites and they make a decent amount. In fact one of the businesses is based in the North...

Diolch yn fawr y chi.

I went, I saw and I put it into my own search engine so others will find it too. One of my other loves is getting out into communities and taking pictures, chatting with locals etc then making features of those visits for radio or the Internet and so this site interested me. For once it is not just a static database of old links but a highly valuable, informing and useful service to both those who live in Wales and those who visit. I could hardly wait to index you. Thanks.

just saying hi there to everyone in wales being honest want to give some links to the forum as soon as i get 10 posts behind me to give away.

adsenceonline

banners
Back