The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Website ideas

Diloris

Hi all,

I would like to share this link with you all. I came across this website while searching for ideas for my own website design as i was looking to achieve some kind of web2.0 look and feel to my website.

This is most definietely one for the bookmarks and favourites.

I also discovered a lot of online resources through this website which are normally difficult to find through the search engines.

here's the link: Go2Web20.net - The complete Web 2.0 directory

Just remember when designing your "web 2.0 look" that this is not what it's about really, at all. Web 2.0 is not graphics, it's not about using the same marketing strategies and same way of connecting as before.

You can't just take all the traditional marketing and advertising stand bys, that yes still have a place in the picture but not in social media, and plug them into social media type sites and expect anything good at all.

Don't focus on a "look" or a "best bookmarking site" "best social networking site" or anything like that. Figure out where you feel you belong and can be part of the conversation. Don't burst in and start acting like a common street peddler, please!!!

It's gotten so mis-understood and there are so many bull "tips" about web 2.0 marketing it's horrible. Be YOURSELF. ADD VALUE. SOCIALIZE!!!!!

It's NOT a sales platform. But, act right and watch that mysterious "attraction marketing" start working for you. Promise.

Respect the community that's happening all around, don't use it for self-serving purposes. It's a really cool thing.

Sheree

Hmm..Web 2.0!

Agreed with Sheree quiet a bit on what she has to say about Web 2.0. Its not about the looks, its about the functionality.

Looks can be achieved easily, functionality requires work!

social sites

Hi,
How can we make social website (facebook, mayspace, orkut) and social bookmarking site (digg, del.icio.us, reddit). and How can we manage it. Please give me information about it.
Thanks

hey great resource Diloris, i think there are more web 2.0 sites on there then i'll ever visit in my life.

As for making your own social site Kamalsh, do a search for web 2.0 or social site templates. You should be able to find some tools and scripts you can use to develop your own social site.

Nathan

I love the fact that it is a Web 2.0 directory of Web 2.0 site. It takes a second to load but great information. The main searcg being tag based is a unique twist to tags, instead of the typical "cloud" we find on so many social and blog sites.

Good Info

That is good information for those interested in web 2.0. However, the sight made my computer freeze up as mentioned by someone else.

I was recently reading an e-book on social bookmarking and it stated that you should have your friends bookmark your sites in order for social bookmarking to be effective and that you should also bookmark other sites rather than your own.

banners
Back