The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Voluum not tracking all conversions

Durant Rich

affiliate
Hi all,

I'm having a problem with Voluum not tracking all my conversions from YTZ. The post back URL and everything is set up correctly but I'm missing like 27 conversions in Voluum. I'm not sure if this is a big deal or not but since my profits are so small on this campaign I think it should make a bit of difference so I can see exactly what I can optimize and not mess with the wrong thing. Any idea why it's missing so many? Thanks for you help in advance!

Hey man, I’m not sure how they lost your conversations… I’ve been using Adsbridge for a bit now, and it tracks everything great. It’s also super easy to find out information from their team. Have you received any word back from Voluum yet?

Yea actually quite a bit. First they told me about how the affiliate network counts the date of the actual conversion and how Voluum tracks the actual visit so the dates would be off because if someone visited and then it converted later, the affiliate network would post at a later date than the visit date. I told them I used the drill down report and checked the conversion tab so I can see both the visit timestamp date and the postback timestamp. Then I went to the affiliate network and sorted by the same date range. It still was short by 37. Then I sent them some screen shots and then they told me that there could be several issues, like the affiliate network post back doesn't always fire and to also check my time zone set up. To my surprise, even though I set it up as los angles time zone, it was set to new york. I tried to correct it and it wouldn't let me save it so I contact the network about it. I don't think this should be the problem as I actually used July 1st as a sort date when I actually started the campaign on the 12th. So then I was told to check the errors tab for the date range and found 1 error that reads
"
2016-07-17T18:59:16.772

Invalid campaign url
Can't extract campaign id from request
9b1zs.voluumtrk.com/nrvideoplayerNoTOV.html

So this might be the problem. So I sent them back with the info and awaiting response. Also, the affiliate network says everything looks good on the end with the postback id so its either this error or the network pixel didn't fire back everytime

Yea I did upload them manually, still does nothing. Followed correct format and everything. I even added a custom domain but still missing some and it's only from one of the country I'm doing

i think you deleted the clicks from the tracking software that's why .
or you are passing the wrong sub_id !

i think you deleted the clicks from the tracking software that's why .
or you are passing the wrong sub_id !

No I didn't delete anything and it if it's the wrong sub id then why is it tracking the other clicks and other clicks from other countries. its only for this one country. This is the thing, everyone I talk to says the same thing and thinks I'm crazy and I may be but been trying to fix it for days. Every other country works lol

No I didn't delete anything and it if it's the wrong sub id then why is it tracking the other clicks and other clicks from other countries. its only for this one country. This is the thing, everyone I talk to says the same thing and thinks I'm crazy and I may be but been trying to fix it for days. Every other country works lol
Has their support team looked into your account for you?
-Zach

Hi,

In Voluum, by default any duplicated click IDs which are received will be automatically discarded to prevent false conversions from being recorded.

An exception to this default setting is when the same primary click ID has a unique transaction ID also recorded.

The use of a unique transaction value within a postback URL or tracking pixel is applicable when you wish to record secondary conversion steps (upsells) per visitor after the primary conversion.
Hmm I see.. Well, if it happens in the future with other countries I'll look into it. Thanks for the advice and also thanks to everyone here for their input :)

banners
Back