The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Using URL request for method="POST"

vit

affiliate
Dear web programmers,

I experimented and it works. However I would like to know if it is legitimate to do the following.
I have a form with method="POST", but I know the url structure for the request if I replace POST with GET. Is it legitimate to keep using this URLs for queries when I have POST?

You should only use POST if you need to hide the information from the user. Otherwise use GET. When you use GET the params are passed in the URL and so no server side memory is used. When you use POST those params are stored in the web server memory and this can cause load problems if you experience high vistor numbers.

uhm.. sorry but I read this and found it extremely misleading.. POST and GET are rendered the same way, they're both held in memory on the SERVER side.. you THINK your server can read the URL from the server side.. on your client's browser? impossible even in the 21st century, well not IMPOSSIBLE.. but you think about it they both get filled into variables.

using post is JUST FINE, however, using POST will cut out alot of keyword you could potentially get.. because POST form fields aren't indexed but GET vars in a URL IS indexed :) also.. you should use POST when you're posting a large amount of data, as a url is limited to whatever the browser decides is a decent limit, so if its a long long long POST you should use POST if small vars like PAGE makes it easier for your users to link to friends and spyders to index you..

go with post whenever you want is what I'm saying :) use get when you WANT the data to get noticed, I like to use POST when my content is framed that way the url is never changed :)

banners
Back