The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Use website or use web site?

azseoguy

affiliate
For website copy and meta data, is it better to use:

Website OR Web Site?

According to Google Keyword Tool, the search volume for "website" is about 25mil, and for "web site" it is 5-7mil.

Consider this, the AP Stylebook, the Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications, and Websters Dictionary all state that website should be written as two words, however, the Apple Publications Style Guide states website should be written as one word.

Thoughts? What do you use?

Glad I'm not the only one who struggled with this. I use both in different places for optimization purposes.

you can use some keyword tools so that you'll know what keyword can make you rank...you should use a keyword that have high search volume.....

The best choice would be the least competitive of the two. OK 'web site' may only have 1/5 of the search volumes compared to 'website' but if there are less than 1/5 of domains targeting 'web site' then it is less competitive and will be easier to optimise for.

guys for this word "website", better to use as "website"

but thread owners thought is not only for a word "website"
he is asking the good way to create a meta keyword.

and if we use a keyword in many time, google will mark our site as an spamming site.

eg: web design, web marketing, web developing, web seo, ....

its not a good way. it should be like "web,marketing,design,developing"

and I dont know the correct answer for this website or web site question,
waiting for others opinion

For website copy and meta data, is it better to use:

Website OR Web Site?

According to Google Keyword Tool, the search volume for "website" is about 25mil, and for "web site" it is 5-7mil.

Consider this, the AP Stylebook, the Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications, and Websters Dictionary all state that website should be written as two words, however, the Apple Publications Style Guide states website should be written as one word.

Thoughts? What do you use?

You can use that two: use website as your major kw and the web site you minor kw what do you think? :thumbsup:

MI
Back