The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Urgent WordPress Help - Please Someone

ayushpant

affiliate
Hey there,

So, I have entered into the world of Wordpress. Kind of late entry into WordPress, but I have always appreciated what CMS can do for you as I use "Joomla" all the time.

I have a very general question. I am sure that you all are aware that there is a feature called "Snapshot" in WordPress. Its kind of that if someone hover over your image, a screenshot of where it takes you and link is displayed.

I want to disable this annoying feature all-together, as I don't want visitors to see my affiliate links (of course). :D

I have been up almost all night preparing this new-site, so sort of brain-dead now to figure it out myself. Thanks in advance for your help.

Anyone knows how to do it??

Found it. I just had to disable snap preview feature in:

Presentation-->Extras-->Uncheck "Enable Snap Preview Anywhere on this blog"

Thanks for looking :)

Good call, the snap previews are annoying and slow the blog page load.

I installed the WP-cache plugin which caches the blog posts so your host doesnt have to regenerate the php each time it's accessed.

If you get Dugg, your webhost will be a lot more resilient.

Found it. I just had to disable snap preview feature in:

Presentation-->Extras-->Uncheck "Enable Snap Preview Anywhere on this blog"

Thanks for looking :)

Hey Andrew,

Thanks for replying. As you can see, I am fairly new at WordPress. Trying it out for the first time, and so far it hasn't been bad.

However, there's one problem that I just stumbled upon. I am sure this is not going to be as easy as the previous one. I have an affiliate banner which is in javascript to be placed on the side bar on the right hand side.

It shows up as blank if I put the code. Not sure what to do here. Did some "Google Search", and no luck yet? Since you have some knowledge about custom widgets, Do you think you can guide me a bit here?

Thanks in advance. And, thank you for replying to the post.

Btw - I e-mailed the company's affiliate manager about this problem. If the code was in HTML, I guess there would have been no problem. Lets see how helpful they are to resolve this issue.

Things are happening too fast with this website. I just can't wait to finish it.

Yeah, I couldn't quite figure out how to work around it in the early stages too.

WP is a combination of PHP and HTML.

Sometimes the javascript gets rejected.
I think msging the AM is the best way to get it resolved.

Else you can create a "page" and stick the code in the page.
It might work.

I know it's an old thread, but I want to jump in here because it may be confusing to someone who's new to WordPress.

There are two forms of WordPress: WordPress.com and WordPress.

I believe the problem you're experiencing Ayush are related to WordPress.com, correct? The reason I say this is because WordPress does not come with snap previews enabled by default or at all, however, WordPress.com does (and I agree, those things are annoying).

Ayush, on WordPress.com, you cannot modify your theme code, add plugins, or do anything which would turn your blog into a commercial endeavor (it's in the terms of service - make sure to read section 10 - Termination).

If I'm not mistaken, you cannot add any javascript to your site (not even using a Widget), but you may want to contact WP.com support to verify.

If you're using the stand alone version of WordPress, then adding the merchant code shouldn't be too much of a problem; you have a lot more control over your blog and what it does.

In case you are on WordPress.com, make sure that you take every precaution not to have your blog shut down. I've seen blogs pulled for having a disclosure policy stating they may earn money from some of their adverts or blog entries, so be careful and back up your data often.

~ Teli

MI
Back