The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Understandable Website Content - To write or not to write?

JohnM

affiliate
Hi guys!

I have noticed that a lot of corporate websites are written in very subject-specific language which is incomprehensible to most but absolute experts in the field (certainly not to normal people or general managers). Now my question: Why? Isn't it way more advisable to write web content in plain language that is understandable to anyone? Or is this considered "unprofessional"?

I tend to write my web content to address my audience, perhaps the corporate websites you are talking about are targeted at specific profession hence its written in their jargon?

It's the result of webmasters changing copy to slot in targeted keyphrases which often result in dialog that is difficult to read. Some search engines are beginning to rate site content in terms of readability but the logic behind this is in its infancy at the moment.

Oh, so that's the reason! Thanks for the reply, I know finally understand why so much content is so poorly readable...

Well, it's not the only reason. The general standard of English Language skills on the web is pretty low on the whole and as Temi mentioned, jargon can cause problems especially if used unnecessarily or by people who don't fully understand its meaning.

Last edited by a moderator:
banners
Back