The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Twitter - Getting Spammed to Death

This is what I mean - yet another notification from Twitter:

{name deleted} is now following your tweets on Twitter.

A little information about {name deleted}:

0 followers
1 tweet
following 785 people

Note the tell-tale stats: Following 785 people, 0 followers.

Also note that since receiving that notification last night and visiting the profile page, s/he's acquired 13 gullible followers.

And, one of the things I truly dislike about Twitter, the single Tweet contains a shortened URL. Am I going to click on that to see where it leads? Not on your life! But how many people will click on it? And how many of those contain malware? And how many new computers are going to be added either to a spamnet or a zombie botnet?

I think that there's a large opening for some sort of meta-service that adds some quality control to twitter. Something with a well thought out reputation system, that lists high quality twitterers only, and filters out the trash.

I think that there's a large opening for some sort of meta-service that adds some quality control to twitter. Something with a well thought out reputation system, that lists high quality twitterers only, and filters out the trash.

I actually agree here.

Either Twitter has to do it themselves (they probably won't)...or someone with the skills and know-how has to create it.

MI
Back