The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Twitter and getting Web 2.0 Properties Indexed

bigcat1967

I've read that you can get your site or Web 2.0 properties indexed (quickly) if you post their links on Twitter. Personally, I don't believe it. Has anyone heard this???

There's nothing magical about Twitter. In fact, if anything Twitter is probably less beneficial than links in other places because of the "short" URL requirement and the resulting lack of anchor text.

If you place a link to your site or page anywhere on the net, spiders will find that link and follow it. If you can do it on a well-spidered and well-indexed page, like this forum, it will happen that much faster. That's what spiders do. It's ALL that they do.

Sharks do nothing but swim, kill, eat, and reproduce. They are master machines at doing those things.

Similarly, spiders follow links and send back data to search engines. That's all they do. And they do it masterfully.

you can get your websites indexed by pointing a link to it from practically anywhere.

Search spiders follow links, so the more links you have pointing at your site, the quicker the serch engines will find it.

Twitter and social networks are places you can get links from so yes, twitter can get your site indexed.

You are right. Me too had read the same news and I had updated my twitter with my webproperties 2.0 links. As a result, few of the links were indexed sooner,but more are not. However, I can't say that method is failed. :)

The reason may be this, as far as twitter is a well authorized site in the eye of Google, So, google visits it very open and see the new links over there and index those links.

I had tried on that way, but google did not index my links sooner, I even waited for few weeks, still I did not find any use of it. Then, I just gave up that concept and got more backlinks to each links(web properties 2.0 sites' links), after that only my links were indexed by google.

Yes, That is true, It worked for me. But It is not working for all the times. That is the issue with this method :D

Say, if my profile is indexed after I add new tweets, Then, my links there used to index by Google sooner, otherwise, it does not.

banners
Back