The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate
This thread is great, and sad it hasn't picked up more than it has.

Not sure if you're still there Mr.Twister, but I had a theory of networks hijacking users campaigns. Meaning that the ad networks can see your data, see what is working, see where you're buying your traffic and then compete against you with their internal team. I am pretty sure this is how it works across the board. Is this something your network, or the ones mentioned above do? A very to-the-point question, and sensitive in nature :). It's ok if it's ignored also :ninja:

This thread is great, and sad it hasn't picked up more than it has.

Not sure if you're still there Mr.Twister, but I had a theory of networks hijacking users campaigns. Meaning that the ad networks can see your data, see what is working, see where you're buying your traffic and then compete against you with their internal team. I am pretty sure this is how it works across the board. Is this something your network, or the ones mentioned above do? A very to-the-point question, and sensitive in nature :). It's ok if it's ignored also :ninja:

I'm not sure if he is still around or not but I figured I'd jump in here.

I've personally had campaigns that were doing extremely well and my ad manager knew about it. A few days later all the traffic "dried up" yet I could see a new advertiser was getting all the traffic with my exact same funnel.

Now obviously it's hard to prove it was my account manager or even the traffic source in general... What we do know is that your data is your entire business in this game. So KEEP IT SAFE the best you can.

Even if traffic sources aren't doing this you can best believe that there are ad reps that would steal your stuff if they see you pulling in $1k days while they are making $8/hr.

I'm not sure if he is still around or not but I figured I'd jump in here.

I've personally had campaigns that were doing extremely well and my ad manager knew about it. A few days later all the traffic "dried up" yet I could see a new advertiser was getting all the traffic with my exact same funnel.

Now obviously it's hard to prove it was my account manager or even the traffic source in general... What we do know is that your data is your entire business in this game. So KEEP IT SAFE the best you can.

Even if traffic sources aren't doing this you can best believe that there are ad reps that would steal your stuff if they see you pulling in $1k days while they are making $8/hr.

Yep! I had an advertiser ask me to stop sending traffic with a campaign a couple years ago. It was a build up campaign prior to super bowl. A few days later, I saw the advertiser using my exact campaign. When I contacted my AM, she said it was just coincidence. It's a huge and popular network, I love most of the people there, but I have not done business with them since. My AM there sucked anyways. A few weeks ago, I received an email stating that I had a new AM, it was the top dog at the network asking me to come back and they would protect me going forward. I thought to myself, "why did this take two years and why didn't they protect me to begin with?"

I moved on... shit happens in this biz, we have to roll with the punches and get busy with what does work and not with what doesn't!

MI
Back