The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Tracking Facebook Spend on Voluum

jordan

Does anyone know if it is possible to update the cost in a single campaign, by the custom variables?

For example all of my facebook adsets go through the same voluum campaign url, but each pass in custom variables that tell me which ad set that traffic is coming from. I would like to be able to update the cost for each one separately, so then we can dig into each ad set to find the best ROI.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I've been searching the voluum support area, and can't find how to do this.

Does anyone know if it is possible to update the cost in a single campaign, by the custom variables?

For example all of my facebook adsets go through the same voluum campaign url, but each pass in custom variables that tell me which ad set that traffic is coming from. I would like to be able to update the cost for each one separately, so then we can dig into each ad set to find the best ROI.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I've been searching the voluum support area, and can't find how to do this.

@voluum will come by and check this out.

It's not possible. This applies to voluum, trackingdesk and any other tracking soft for that matter.
Like many other traffic sources, Facebook doesn't pass click costs dynamically.

Either you create multiple campaigns and set an average cpc or you set an average cpc for your general campaign.

Thanks I know you can update cost overall, but can you update cost per custom variable? So you can update the cost per ad set.

If each ad set spends different amounts, just updating your total campaign spend doesn't really help you at all.

With Thrive, we allow you the ability to manually update cost by custom variable.

You can update using the CSV template we provide so you can submit many jobs at once.

So for Campaign123, you can update cost for yesterday, for example:
Keyword1 - $0.01 CPC
Keyword2 - $0.02 CPC
Keyword3 - $0.03 CPC

I think Thrive is the only one that has such a capability :)

With Thrive, we allow you the ability to manually update cost by custom variable.

You can update using the CSV template we provide so you can submit many jobs at once.

So for Campaign123, you can update cost for yesterday, for example:
Keyword1 - $0.01 CPC
Keyword2 - $0.02 CPC
Keyword3 - $0.03 CPC

I think Thrive is the only one that has such a capability :)

Thanks for the response. I've been wanting to switch over to thrive, but just never get around to setting it all up/paying the extra amount.

well if there all the same bid or make different campaign different keywords/ variables that cost different amounts ex. 5 cent 10 etc

make a group for all those campaigns

keywords a b c = 0.05 = Campaign 1
keywords d e f = 0.10 = Campaign 2
keywords g h i = 0.05 = Campaign 3

then group them for total cost

i guess semi auto

So for Adwords for example, a typical campaign has 100s of keywords if not more. Make 100s of individual campaigns, each targeting 1 keyword, right?

How will you know how the entire campaign is doing? What are you using to run a report on a different variable (there are multiple variables associated with every click)?

Thanks for the response. I've been wanting to switch over to thrive, but just never get around to setting it all up/paying the extra amount.

Please contact our support regarding your needs. Our team can at least provide you with a possible solution to consider.

So for Adwords for example, a typical campaign has 100s of keywords if not more. Make 100s of individual campaigns, each targeting 1 keyword, right?

How will you know how the entire campaign is doing? What are you using to run a report on a different variable (there are multiple variables associated with every click)?

Please contact our support regarding your needs. Our team can at least provide you with a possible solution to consider.

add all keywords that have the same price in same campaign

also this might help How to setup Voluum Tracker + Facebook Custom Tokens – iAmAttila

i guess
Oh I see. So if 100 keywords have different CPC, which is expected most traffic sources (makes logical sense that "diapers" would have a different CPC than "granny diapers"), then in that case create 100 of these campaigns would be your solution, right?
@ipyxelcreations just ignore my previous posts for google ads with keywords you can just follow steps here
[GUIDE] How To Set Up New Traffic Sources in Voluum | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

so i just realized something as i logged back into facebook ,not huge user . i just remembered there is no "keyword" all done through the audiences no specific cost for who you wanna target.

@jordan can just set his campaign to manual bid in Facebook for website conversion or what ever type of campaign hes trying to do

Last edited:
MI
Back