The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Tracking Campaigns

plimbrick

affiliate
Apologies for the long post everyone. Iv'e recently got back into running campaigns and wondering how others approach tracking campaign metrics as i'm trying to figure out the best/most efficient way to do it. For the campaign I am running at the moment I am using BeMob as a tracker and MegaPush as the traffic source so I will use this as an example from my question below. Apart from clickid and bid tokens MegaPush has 2 custom tokens that it can pass to the tracker which are feed_id for individual feeds and campid for the MegaPush campaign.

Just wondering whether it is better to send each MegaPush campaign to an individual tracking campaign in tracker or send multiple traffic source campaigns to a single tracker campaign? What are the pros/cons of each approach?

Currently I am sending multiple traffic source campaigns (Same GEO and targeting feeds but different creatives) to a single tracker campaign and this worked well to start off with as it was easy to setup and monitor performance in tracker for single campaign as I could just filter the different variables in the report (eg view CPC vs EPC for feedid). It gets a bit tricky when I want to start split testing different variables at the traffic source end. At the moment each campaign on traffic source is for a different creative but I might want to split campaigns out to set different bids for each feedid for example and it becomes confusing tracking multiple creatives and feedid at the same time.

With this approach I was hoping to just keep one tracker campaign throughout the campaign optimization process and filter accordingly but this is proving to be difficult so wondering whether I should just do 1 tracker campaign for each traffic source campaign and create new campaigns in tracker as and when I split test traffic source variables. What are your thoughts on this?

Each variate (a, b, c ...) of some offer's (funnel) has to be a sub ID of some campaign to be compared. How could you identify them otherwise?
subid=1112 could mean 1=a traffic source (11) a creative A and (2) some offer that's up to you. subid=1(12)(2) could be creative B in a test of traffic source 1 and creative (2).

banners
Back