propellerads adcombo
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Tracking Campaign

Discussion in 'General Affiliate Marketing Forum' started by benteo, Dec 9, 2013.

1. benteo

benteo Affiliate affiliate

Hi all,

I am trying to understand the flow starting from the traffic source to the cpa network, assuming a tracking software such as prosper202 or cpvlab is involved..

Diagrammatically, should it be the following?

traffic source -> tracking software -> cpa network

or

traffic source-> cpa network->tracking software

Any explanation is appreciated.

Regards,
    Ben

2. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Administrator moderator affiliate

Hi benteo,

When using a tracking solution with a campaign, the links from your network offer will be added to yoour campagin in the tracking software. You tracking solution will then give you links for your ads & code to place on your landing page (if you use one). There are variations on this, but this is the general flow.

For example:

I have a dating offer i am promoting that uses a landing page. I log into my network and copy my offer link. Then I log into my tracking software and create a new campaign. I am asked to enter my offer link, along with a few other questions including whether or not I am using a landing page. I check the box for landing page and save my campaign. My tracking software then gives me 3 things, a link to use for my ads, code to put on my landing page, and code to use in the links to the offer from my landing page.

As I said, there are variations on this. Also, while the general idea is the same with all tracking solutions, they all don't work exactly the same.

1 person likes this.

Featured Resources (View All)

adsxposed