The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Trackball or Mouse ? Which Do You Use?

eWebCreator

affiliate
My friend came over last night to pay some bills over the Internet, as his computer was in the shop for maintenance. As soon as he sat down, he said he couldn?t use my computer. I asked why, and he said because of my trackball.

I have been using a Logitech Trackman for over 6 years, and will never switch back to using a mouse. I had no choice to switch, as I had surgery on my wrist that required less movement and stress.

I am curious about other users who are physically attached to their computer many hours each day.

What do you use - Mouse or trackball? Why?

-Matthew Hick

Hi Matthew I have carpal tunnel so use about 4 different ergo mice specially made for carpal tunnel. 2 fot hem are vertical mice. Here's my blog about carpal with links to all the mice I use as well as other things that have helped me. 5 Star Affiliate Marketing Blogs, Google and SEO Blog ? Carpal Tunnel Wrist Pain Solutions for Internet Marketers

I am starting to use my other hand to mouse even though it's very hard to get used to and at times have even resorted to using my foot to click the mouse.
I have a couple trackballs too, just never got used to them.

So do you feel better after surgery? Did it help?

Linda,

The surgery was needed because of a prior sports injury, and has been pretty good so far. I know when it is cold outside, I can definetly feel my joints tighten up in my wrist.

Hi Mathew,

I grew up with mouse. It's very uncomfortable for me to use a trackball. I remember myself using two hands when I happened to use my brother-in-law's computer!

Definitely a mouse. I feel I have control.
In fact, I don't think I've used a trackball.
I hate those touchpads on laptops. So easy to slip and touch them and drop/drag things all over the place!

Trackballs can be efficient in the right application/environ

I've used both, but currently use a mouse with a great scroll wheel. The reason for a trackball in the past was a huge monitor that required sweeping movements of the mouse and then fine control once I got to the location of the design I was working on.--Soooo....what I would say is that for most folks, a mouse of some type is probably the most efficient, however for those that work with big documents or design on big monitors, the trackball can be a cool way to deal with all the real estate and yet still have fine control.

MI
Back