The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Top 10 Worst Captchas

I was thinking how many hours or maybe days I will spend just looking at the right letters and numbers for this security code :vava::sweat:

Ha Ha - That maths question is great.. Who would bother to try and work something like that out??

I'm surprised rapidshares isn't on that list too.

Ha ha very good... the advanced maths question at number 6 is the best.

I, too, am surprised Rapidshare's captcha isn't there – not only does it stop spammers from entering the site but also everybody else too.

I think that possibly the only captcha that hasn't been broken yet is reCaptcha – I use it all the time unless it is on a site where accessibility is a must, in which case I would use a maths captcha and think of other ways of working around the spam problem.

Even the Google Gmail captcha has been broken which is why gmail addresses are the main choice for spammers the world over

Captchas are better for determining spammers. Some captcjas are too troublesome and annoying. Sometimes it take long time to write test. Captchas must be easy to read.

------------------
Haunter

Most captchas are really annoying. It’s very time consuming to figure out what’s written in those images. Solving captchas is so hassle in our part!

Last edited by a moderator:
Some captchasare really ridiculous i mean its hard even for a human to make it out let alone a robot. I mean the rapidshare captchasused to be really frustrating, even when you kept refreshing captchasyou still cuddnt make out what it said.

I would have to agree that they are very annoying and hard to read at times, and some even have accents on certain letters that most keyboards don't have.

I hate orkut's captcha the most. Makes it difficult for me to share sites with friends using scrapbook and has really bad characters.

i think you don`t know how to make advertising for your site

No, I just spent ages doing some funky things to make my captcha interesting rather than just another annoyance - this is a thread about annoying captchas, I'm quite proud of mine and was looking for some feedback to reassure me that spending time to make a good captcha was in some way worthwhile.

Just to explain what I mean by funky things - the captcha uses as its background a randomly selected square from any of the hundreds of images in my gallery. Furthermore, I found that by doing this you'd often get a very boring patch of image, so I wrote a clever algorithm to make sure it selected an interesting part with lots of detail. The font is then overlaid in a way that is nicely readable to humans whilst being sufficiently hard to OCR that I've had no problems with spam. The captcha also uses an amusing dictionary so if you click the refresh button a couple of times you'll often get an amusing pairing of word and background image.

I apologise if you consider this advertising, but I would hope to draw traffic to my website on the strength of my content, not my captcha.

banners
Back