The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

To increase traffic

Also, submitting press release to sites like prweb.com is a good way to get traffic.

No it's not. Only professional representation will get a site into the media, and bad ideas don't count as news. Get the news release writing even slightly wrong wrong and you can forget it. I use a PR agency and they cost many hundreds, they not a cheap option.

You will waste your money hiring a PR agency if your idea isn't special. Many don't have the sort of cash needed to hire agencies - it costs major cash to do. Most of the releases on these sites are pure garbage, and Journalists will not visit these to pick up on webmaster adsense stuffed ideas. But these PR services websites are a great way to take your cash, and leave you skint. :help:

Average cost of a Press release £200

Pr Web fee $360

Telephone work 3 months just to make first contact, and another 12 months until the media get around to printing you're first story. Your release won't get published, will be edited to bits and crap things will be used from your website that won't sound great and that's just for openers. You don't control the press - they control you! All you'll get is some worthless story printed, very small bits are only ever written to begin with and it won't take off for a crap website, no matter how great you think your is.

It will cost you a fortune, you'll end up hiring the wrong people to represent you and lose your money. This isn't for the inexperienced or kids playing at being an MD - this is real life.

Last edited:
Hi there,

For traffic generation i am working on free sources and getting good amount of traffic from these sources:

* article submission
* forum posting (through signature)
* web directory submission
* blog directory submission
* participating in community sites like Yahoo Answers
* press release submission
* online group posting
* promotional ads
* link exchange
* Social bookmarking in digg and Technorati.
* Feed submission

See ya

Thanks for explaining me its worthless. I am just suggesting a way to get traffic. And if it is waste of money, then why many of the professionals use or suggest those techniques. I have seen many of the professionals suggesting it in their promotional videos. May be it is costly, but it doesn't mean that it can't bring traffic.

@ Robdale

I'm trying to help you. 90% of the promotion sought on the web is free, and it's free bcos it's useless. Well, I wouldn't give away something great for nothing and neither does anyone else - it' s just common sense, like sense should tell you that nobody on forums will tell you how to get rich or crack this website game problem.

There is no way on earth I'll give somebody (a nobody) a link on my homepage - why? becos it's too valuable when I can sell it for ££££££.

Put it another way, why are recip links alway, alway dumped on a deep link page, well away from the main focus of the site. Pretty obvious I think.

then why many of the professionals use or suggest those techniques.

But they aren't professionals, this is my very point. They are conmen selling you thin air. I'm telling you no way does Google post at classified sites or article directories - no way. Professionally managed businesses won't touch that crap, if they do some sort of linking, they will do it in a massive way, well away from cheap websites and directories.

Last edited:
go to Webmasters ?? maybe...so i like only how to get ranking on search engine nothing else, i not like add another link to my website:)

Hi there,

For traffic generation i am working on free sources and getting good amount of traffic from these sources:

* article submission
* forum posting (through signature)
* web directory submission
* blog directory submission
* participating in community sites like Yahoo Answers
* press release submission
* online group posting
* promotional ads
* link exchange
* Social bookmarking in digg and Technorati.
* Feed submission

See ya

yes, those are a few but most used tactics to get traffic (except search engines). Some of the listed methods are more or less effective, but all together works over time.

Among those listed methods I may mention :
- Create a Squidoo Lens
- Using Youtube / Metacafe Videos

Last edited by a moderator:
go to Webmasters ?? maybe...so i like only how to get ranking on search engine nothing else, i not like add another link to my website:)

Using the search engines are a good idea, everyone does it and the likes of Google won't rip you off. It's safe, and safe is where you want to be.

Webmaster general directories are not safe. They aren't major companies, you never know who you're dealing with and many won't survive and will get you some kind of penalty, so very risky.

It's risky gaining a ton of links quickly - Google doesn't like it and if you rely on Google, it will hurt you in the long term. Besides, PR is worthless and using general directories is untargeted anyway, and even more pointless as advertising should be on-target for maximum results.

Target, target and target - always.

Using PPC like Adwords is probably your best option, you can set your price, adjust ads easily and monitor click results - cant do that with a general directory. £50 a month on PPC is worth it for a small business. But still seek out related sites and link with them as you'll need some freebie links and the targeting. Just make sure what you link with IS on-target!

Last edited:
And if it is waste of money, then why many of the professionals use or suggest those techniques. I have seen many of the professionals suggesting it in their promotional videos. May be it is costly, but it doesn't mean that it can't bring traffic.

I agree 100%. I have never paid for any advertising for my website and have purely focused on on-page optimisation techniques and freebie backlinks. I noticed very quickly that the key phrases I was adding to anchor text in the backlinks were moving up the SERPs faster than my other targeted phrases that I had not focused on.

I was getting tiny numbers of visitors before I did my optimisations. The site was brand new and it was literally the odd visitor here and there. Once I'd completed my optimisation and Google had indexed the new pages and some of the backlinks I was getting a nice steady flow of visitors and phonecalls.

The SERPs are still improving now and I haven't done any optimisation since December last year. Visitor numbers are still rising although at a slower rate than in January.

Right now I have a large development project to do and am not looking for any new business but after I complete my current development work I will review my site statistics again and try and improve visitor numbers further. I will use the same techniques of course. :)

I also have another site that I set up back in 2006. In the case of that site I ONLY used forum signature backlinks on community sites. It was a SIM Racing website. I was giving away suspension setups and my setups page recieved almost as many visitors as my home page. Far bigger page views than the other site pages.

This was all through forum sig backlinks only. Not much of the traffic came through the links themselves but it did pop me up into the number 1 spot on google for the targeted keyphrase 'LFS Sets'. Dropped to No 2 now but then the site hasn't changed for over a year.

Now the site just sits there earning me small amounts of Adsense revenue.

Post Removed By Administrator Bot - User Account Has 1 Flag For Spamming Links Instead Of Posting The Content.

Last edited by a moderator:
Invest in PPC initially. While that's running, do the organic SEO thing. Lots of literature on both on the internet.

Let me know if you're stuck.

Instead of social media, you'd better use also social bookmark. Because social bookmark will increase both, traffic and back link. Below is the list of social bookmark you could use.

Pay Per Click will get you on a first page and in a top position for a few pounds a day. Say £5 to £7 a day and your in top spot, your ads will stand out easily , more than 'yet another ordinary search listing'.

People need to know how people search and NOT always 'why they search'. If many search a certain way, then thats where people are looking, and where an advert should be in view.

Adverts that stand out, are viewed more quickly, and gives a faster search experience, so it clearly works, also PPC guarantees a decent spot, where free serps guarantees nothing at all.

Last edited:
you may use social networking sites like twitter...... it can give you huge traffic if you have many followers in you account :D

you may use social networking sites like twitter...... it can give you huge traffic if you have many followers in you account :D

I doubt these fantastic traffic figures from social sites quoted on forums - I have an account at Twitter, so I'll soon know if what you say is true or not.

If, if - many ifs. But thats very easy for anyone to say that. I bet the reality of social bookmarking tells a very different story.

Soon find out I guess, but just 1 follower for me over the past 7 days, so looks like the mind-blowing traffic rumours are just bs. I dont think enough businesses use Twitter to even send the traffic - its just not the right medium

There are different methods to increase traffic to a website. Building quality links is a popular way to increase the site traffic. It is a very fast method to get higher rankings.

banners
Back