The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Tips for building successful squidoo pages

Hi

Is there any way of putting a form into squidoo lens? I know it's one of those HTML elements that people hate, but I wouldn't mind integrating one into my latest lens.

When trying to do some editing on my Squidoo lens it takes me to this page - has done all day. Looks like they`re overrunning their downtime somewhat.

No, you haven't crossed into the Twilight Zone.

We're just hard at work preparing Squidoo for its move to new servers.

Which means? Faster, better, and steadier lens building and browsing for you in the future. Right this second, though, it means you can't edit your existing lenses or create new ones. That's why you were re-directed to this page. BUT rest easy, your lenses are still live to the world, and your adoring fans and readers can still see them.

Give us a few hours to wrap things up, then you'll be able to edit, tweak, publish and create lenses to your heart's content.

Yes TeamPlayer, they seem to have significant downtime today. I managed to login early in the morning.

Yes TeamPlayer, they seem to have significant downtime today. I managed to login early in the morning.

There was an overnight server migration during which they locked the edit facility which is fairly normal practice for anyone migrating servers - you don't want your users changing details on a server as you are trying to copy the data to another server!

They did post notices about this in the squidu forums, though the edit facility wasn't restored as quickly as they'd hoped due to some neccessary bug-bashing on the new server.

As far as I know, visitors to lenses wouldn't have noticed a thing whilst this was happening which is good!

Everything now seems normal. Though some small bugs are being reported.

Thank you for your informative post.

I have join squidoo few months ago, but still don't know how to use it properly.

How to promote our lense?

Some of the promo techniques that worked for me was visiting other squidoo lenses and commenting or joining fan club, people tend to visit your lense as well.
You can also join a group that is related your lense.

Thank you for your informative post.

I have join squidoo few months ago, but still don't know how to use it properly.

How to promote our lense?

it is really a good information. squidoo is really a very good social networking site and you can promote your site through this site. Also squidoo is a good source of various information you can get all at one place.

A brilliant post about Squidoo. Thanks so much for that.

I particularly like the tip about revisiting your lenses and adding new content. I bet most authors wouldn't even think of that. A great Squidoo lens should be a work in progress, like a Wikipedia page.

Do you have a squidoo lense?

A brilliant post about Squidoo. Thanks so much for that.

I particularly like the tip about revisiting your lenses and adding new content. I bet most authors wouldn't even think of that. A great Squidoo lens should be a work in progress, like a Wikipedia page.

I must say I tend to forget about keeping on top of things with my Lenses. Not sure it`s laziness, or lack of time. I suspect it`s more the latter, though I do find thinking of new stuff to add isn`t

easy.

I personally don't think the reward from squidoo is worth the efforts that is why I don't bother much about my lenses

The tips for building successful squidoo pages are:
1.Stop by Squidoo, Squidoo's discussion forums, and add your link to your signature.
2.Put links to your best lens (or lens master's bio) wherever you've got an online presence.
3.Post links to your lenses on social networking sites such as face book,twitter.
Leave thoughtful comments on other people's lenses, favorite.
Submit your lens to lens roll and Squoogle.

well i never use squido, but i learn from your post, is squido can give good traffic while doing well in it,,,i am uisng some other network they are,
buzz.yahoo.com
digg.com
mixx.com
twitter.com
faves.com
stumbleupon.com
delicious.com
please let me know if it is better, so that i add it too.

well i never use squido, i am using some other social media networks,, i dont know how better it is,, can u let me know about it more,, as i am using the follow networks,
digg.com
mixx.com
twitter.com
stumbleupon.com
delicious.com
buzz.yahoo.com
fave.com

MI
Back