The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Tips for a successful gaming landing page

trafficcaptain

affiliate
Spurred by the increasing popularity of online games, the computer and video games market has in recent years seen rapid growth and today constitutes an important element in performance marketing. All major performance networks have added online games to their portfolios.

Therefore, the most important factors for a successful gaming landing page are presented here:
1. A landing page should always have a clear message and target orientation

The objective is to prompt the user to sign up for the game. This should be the central and immediately recognizable message. Anything that distracts from it should be avoided and relegated to the background. Typical examples are forum registration links, or generally, links leading away from the page.
2. Request only the most relevant information

Unless absolutely necessary, detailed queries regarding interests, age, password and repeated entry thereof (this can be requested at the user’s first game log-in) or the like should be avoided. Unnecessary inquiries increase the risk of the registration being aborted, and at the same time, the validity of additional answer boxes can be called into question given that many users will enter fictitious responses simply to speed up the process.
3. Design for Efficiency

An uncluttered, straightforward design is often the most efficient: Users are not distracted, but led to registration swiftly and effectively. Background graphics are perfectly fine, yet should not contain complex animations which would divert the user’s attention away from the actual registration process.

Examples of well-designed landing pages:

...I don't want to give you a hard time with an endless text here. So if you are interested in reading the whole article, please visit:
websitemagazine. com/content/blogs/posts/archive/2013/05/17/optimized-landing-pages-for-gamers.aspx

Let me know your opinion.

Ive experianced that the average gamer (12-16) thinks different than me and falls for stuff that i would declare lq or fake a altough they are not attracted by stuff that i would see as legit.

According to a free2play report in 2012 from one of Europe's biggest free2play-games distributor "project vrtcl GmbH" you can find potential buyers in almost every age-group. Most likely they are between 31 and 40 years old followed by the under 16 years old. On third place are the 16-20 year olds.
The big spender are most likely to be over 18, of course.

Gaming landing page seems a bit out of depth for me. I am still a newbie and trying to wrap my head around the simple stuff first.
Anyway, thanks for the report.

with any landing page that is focusing on acquiring a registration, I would think the more white space the better. You should focus on the area where the registration forum is. I would also include possibly a video on the side showing actual game play and a few testimonials if possible.

MI
Back