The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Tips for a newbie forum promoter

rhyswynne

affiliate
Hi everybody :)

I have started a new forum which you may be aware at (Retro Garden Forums), so far, things are going okay, but I would like some tips on how to grow forums.

Monetizing isn't really a huge concern for me with this at the moment, I want to grow it into a nice little niche forum and to be fairly authoritive in the retro gaming niche.

I'm lucky as Retro Garden has a few strong google serp positions, so people have been posting on the forums, mixed in with a couple of livewires to keep things fresh.

I want to go out now and look for members, have you any tips on growing the forum?

While the forum is still young, some of the following could help:
- Reward steadfast posters with recognition (A title like founding member, distinguished member etc tends to make people fell special).
- Try to create new threads (people tend to post and post and post on one thread, sometime it may be useful to nudge posters by starting threads for them.
- If possible have a referral mechanism/reward (make it easy for members to recommend the forum to potential members).
- Ensure its easy to join (i have left join a few forums in the past because CATCHA is just too crazy).
- Be tolerant of weird people (some very nice posters are sometimes quite different, some people will say ban then, I usually like this king of people, as long as they are not spammers).

Good luck.

Try to be active and online in the forum and at the same time try creating new threads and adding interesting content.

banners
Back