The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Time to get legit

Clintoc

Bright New Star Award - June 09
As the name implies, I believe it is time to get everything in order to legalize my business.

To start, I believe most affiliates start like me. We want to make sure that we have what it takes before we take steps to legitimize our business. After all, registering an LLC is not a light investment (not to say it is expensive, just not an expense some are willing to take to start).

Part of that problem comes with not knowing if we have the full picture, if we can make it work.

I did have a goal to legalize things at some point, but never defined the point... so I never made it a priority. And what I am starting to notice now that I am wanting to step away from the small commissions of Amazon and Ebay, and diversify away from information products (or add more to the niches I am in or am testing). Problem is, most of the other networks want to see a legitimate company before they accept you. So the priority shifts.

So this week I will be taking steps to get legit, including registering as an LLC, getting my federal tax ID, and business license in order (which, honestly, should have been my FIRST step). I am at a phase where I am putting together an action plan for my business that combines two techniques that have worked independently, so it makes sense to get things ready.

I also consider this my final confirmation to myself. I will put my all into this, and it will secure my financial future. My days of relying on a time clock are coming to an end. This eliminates my final barrier to freedom. I have made all other investments needed (including a time leverage investment), so looking back... it was kinda silly to wait this long on what is the second most important investment (which invests in the most important one, which is me).

banners
Back