The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Threads & Thread Titles

Meti

affiliate
Which threads seem to attract users more?

It seems like a thread title with "Pagerank" seems to attract users more than a title that says "How to increase Pagerank" or am I wrong?

It seems to me the more detailed it gets, the less views/inputs there are made?

Share your views :)

I agree - less descriptive threads may get more page views but only because it is not clear what the thread is about.

If someone is looking for lets say "pagerank tools" or "pagerank update" threads they may check this not-descriptive threads hopping to find the answer.

In reality it is very frustrating when you try to find something and you have to look through hundreds of search results only because they have main keyword.

I always preach to make titles as descriptive as possible - good for users and also good for page SEO...

actually I stay away from anything that says SEO or pagerank! It doesn't interest me lol!

I second the avoidance of pagerank threads, but I agree that they tend to attract readers. Anything with "I made money" also qualifies, though again I avoid them.

The other big attractors, not related to web design or programming, include any threads with hotheaded political opinions. People swarm to those to vent their nasties. I also try to aviod those but sometimes I get sucked in.

I don't think "catchy titles" apply to forum threads. Most of the time people visiting forums to find info on some specific subject and don't want to spend hours hoping to find answers behind those non-descriptive "catchy" titles...

I think it is because alot of site own are after the PR of there site, and the topic PageRank use to attract alot of people because everyone want to know latest news about PR...

Most of the time people copy and paste stuff so i dont think forums useful for SEO stuff. But you will get more pages on your site.

MI
Back