The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

The numbers game

FFMG

affiliate
Hi,

I am kind of new to the whole affiliate/merchant life but I am not really new to my first affiliate field of choice. In fact I chose it because it is something I am fairly comfortable with. I'll try more complex things later, (and it is not a Financial/Drug/Gambling kind of site).

I have built a list of about 7000 users with a common interest, I now wish to contact them and promote an affiliate site, (related to the site they signed up with in the first place).

So I have 2 questions really.

First, where can I find good examples of an email to sent them?
Should I be straight to the point, (go and and look here). or should a be a bit more subtle, (a newsletter with a link at the bottom)
I am reluctant to use my list more than once, so I need to be careful.

Secondly how do you rate your success?
Is 5% a good return and 1% a failure? Or 0.01% a common return?

Many thanks in advance.

FFMG

I think that the size of the list is not that important (although it can help). You need to build a relation of trust with your list. You want them to open your emails, instead of having them clicking the delete button.

There are several ways to treat yout subscribers, and it really depend on your niche.

For example, in one of my niches, I barely write emails. I entertain them with videos.

You can send advertisements, once every 6 emails for instance, or a recommendation in each of your emails

To answer your question: "Where can I find example?". It would be a wise idea to analyse your competition: ==> subscribe to 3 or 4 newsletters in your market, and analyze them.

Study them and ask yourself why you prefer a perticular one from these four.

I've found that it's really easy to collect email addresses. Now I am focusing on gaining the trust of my subscribers.

banners
Back