The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

The Hard Truth About Social Media And What You Need to Do About It

azgold

Administrator
Administrator
Dojo Master
This morning, as I was scanning the news online, I happened upon an article by Jeff Bullas, titled, The Hard Truth About Social Media And What You Need to Do About It

Bullas begins by talking about the 'old' days of social media, "This was global and virtual connections at scale."

He then takes us to social after it came to life, "This mass community made content move, drove traffic and brand awareness."

That's when the bottom drops out and Facebook introduced it's 'pay to play' business model, where they control what readers see and if you want exposure, you need buy advertising.

According to Bullas, Twitter and IG are on the verge of switching to same type of model. Great.

Luckily, the author shares some solutions to help keep you in the game and in more control of your social media leads:

The first order of business is stay current of trends and changes within the social platforms.

After that, Bullas recommends the following:

• Take control of your traffic by collecting email addresses. He says that email marketing is not going away anytime in the near future, so it is a good way to keep those leads without relying on any social media platform.
  • He also suggests investing in an automation platform to help you be efficient and scale your marketing efforts.
  • Publish your best content on other sites, such as LinkedIn, Medium, Flipboard and Slideshare
  • Track and measure your progress. The old 80/20 rule applies, even to social media. Concentrate most on the 20% of viable leads.
  • IF you are tracking and measuring your efforts and know what's working, buy social traffic. If you are not tracking, save your money.
  • Be patient. Don't expect your social accounts to skyrocket your profits overnight. To quote Bullas, "Create pillar content around your key phrases you want to be found for on a Google search. Digital marketing is an asset build."
  • Network with influencers and work with JV partners for mutually beneficial relationships. Networking and relationship building still works. Now, thanks to the internet, they're global rather than local.
Bullas concludes his article by saying that social marketing is a multi-dimensional discipline that requires a good use and understanding of a combination of search, social, email, content and automation technology.

My Personal Take-aways of this Article In One Sentence

Social media has evolved and if we want our piece of that traffic pie, we have to evolve with it.

Your Take-aways?

Do you agree with the author's points and suggestions?

Do you or do you plan to instigate the recommendations?

Thanks for this IM thread!
Exactly what the old IMs always say: control your own platform with frontend, backend, own list.
Then guest posting and especially JV Partners; you never can get enough of them ;)

Seems to be an interesting article to read especially to us who are mainly social media marketers. I will for sure go through the piece and try to figure out what the expert is talking about. Through it, I will also be able to get some tips that I need to master if I want to grow bigger in this field.

Thanks for this IM thread!
Exactly what the old IMs always say: control your own platform with frontend, backend, own list.
Then guest posting and especially JV Partners; you never can get enough of them ;)

Yes!

You know, I don't think that the advice has changed since man first started engaging in commerce. Only difference is the topic and venue. IM + internet. There's always been an 80/20 rule and it's always been a good idea to keep your eye on your advertising, invest in your business, know who your clients are and change with the times. Why? Because it's good advice. :)

Everything old is new again.

Seems to be an interesting article to read especially to us who are mainly social media marketers. I will for sure go through the piece and try to figure out what the expert is talking about. Through it, I will also be able to get some tips that I need to master if I want to grow bigger in this field.

I think "mastering" is the key. Like we've been told - pick a traffic source and master it. :)

Customer Relationship Marketing or 1 to 1 Marketing principles dictate that we should focus our efforts and resources on the 20% of our customers that bring us 80% of our revenue. Customer acquisition at the expense of existing customers with high LTV (Life time Values) is contrary to the long term health and growth of any business enterprise. That's why building and nurturing a robust loyal customer list should take priority over new customers acquisition whose LTV may be dubious given that there loyalty cannot be quantified. Quality over quantity. Adequate tracking helps define value

Customer Relationship Marketing or 1 to 1 Marketing principles dictate that we should focus our efforts and resources on the 20% of our customers that bring us 80% of our revenue. Customer acquisition at the expense of existing customers with high LTV (Life time Values) is contrary to the long term health and growth of any business enterprise. That's why building and nurturing a robust loyal customer list should take priority over new customers acquisition whose LTV may be dubious given that there loyalty cannot be quantified. Quality over quantity. Adequate tracking helps define value

Terrific points!

Social media user mostly person use all over world today marketing very easily promote any product or service this social media through because very effective and good for business.

Social media user mostly person use all over world today marketing very easily promote any product or service this social media through because very effective and good for business.

I think it's good for branding and exposure but in my experience, not so good for sales.

This morning, as I was scanning the news online, I happened upon an article by Jeff Bullas, titled, The Hard Truth About Social Media And What You Need to Do About It

• Take control of your traffic by collecting email addresses. He says that email marketing is not going away anytime in the near future, so it is a good way to keep those leads without relying on any social media platform.
The newsletter opt in has perfomed very well for us but I do wonder when the pendulum will come swinging the other way and this too will become another member of the social media tactics graveyard...

The newsletter opt in has perfomed very well for us but I do wonder when the pendulum will come swinging the other way and this too will become another member of the social media tactics graveyard...

Hard to say, I hadn't actually ever thought of optins as going away but you're right...everything seems to evolve and morph into a different strategy. Wonder what will come next?

Hard to say, I hadn't actually ever thought of optins as going away but you're right...everything seems to evolve and morph into a different strategy. Wonder what will come next?
I dunno...VR e-mails? Like you'll be able to directly opt-in into your brain...? lol idk but I wouldn't be suprised

I dunno...VR e-mails? Like you'll be able to directly opt-in into your brain...? lol idk but I wouldn't be suprised

Ohhhh, and all the data will go straight to the government via the chip in our brains. I love a good conspiracy theory!

Directly into the brain would be very efficient, though. Hmmm, how to make it happen?

Ohhhh, and all the data will go straight to the government via the chip in our brains. I love a good conspiracy theory!

Directly into the brain would be very efficient, though. Hmmm, how to make it happen?

Lol from your lips to Google's ears most likely...I'm sure they're building code for it as we speak

And I'm sure you're right! :D

Wonder how much they'll charge to use it...
Even if it was free...NO THANK YOU tbh! I'm sure there's plenty of tech engineers and tech geeks who'd love this but not me o_O

MI
Back