The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

The concept of tracking a campaign

It has been months, and I have still yet to launch my first campaign due to not completely understanding the fundamentals of tracking.

Please help me understand..

1. Ad is clicked - URL: Traffic source redirected to Ad Server.
2. Call To Action button is clicked on Landing Page - URL: Affiliate Network URL is clicked.
3. User is now completing an offer, if completed it will show up on the ad server.

That is the basic fundamental of an affiliate campaign, correct?

I am having a major issue with setting up my first campaign in terms of correctly tracking visitors through 1-3. I get the concept, I just can't throw it all together.

For example, I've found a traffic source, ad server, and affiliate network. But the affiliate network doesn't take tokens, so I can't track each lead that I receive. This makes an ad server obsolete, right?

If someone could shed some light, this would be life-changing at this point.

I am currently using AdsBridge as an ad server, and I do not understand how to implement variables (as I am using multiple affiliate networks) or how to setup postbacks, or even understand the concept behind postbacks.

This is very frustrating.

Last edited:
Which tracker are you using?

What network are you referring to?

What kind of traffic source are you using?

If you are new to the game, I think an ad server may be a bit of overkill for you.

Which tracker are you using?

What network are you referring to?

What kind of traffic source are you using?

If you are new to the game, I think an ad server may be a bit of overkill for you.

I was working with CrakRevenue, but I may be moving on to InnoGames.

Traffic Junky is my current traffic source.

It's not that it's overkill, there are just so many different variables with getting it setup I am confused with what to do in order.

Hey dude, learning to track properly is a nightmare. You have to gleam info from all over the place as not many guides are very straight forward. I'm getting there but still don't really know what I'm doing. How have you been finding trafficjunky?

Hey dude, learning to track properly is a nightmare. You have to gleam info from all over the place as not many guides are very straight forward. I'm getting there but still don't really know what I'm doing. How have you been finding trafficjunky?

Hey, @burningb glad to e-meet you again.
On AdsBridge we have TrafficJunky in our pre-set traffic source templates, so please feel free to use it. Simply click on it and all field will be fulfilled automatically.

Regards,
Elen

MI
Back