The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Text file displayed in webpage

Would you like to display that in iframe or you want to be imported as html text?

It would be great to have it as part of the "normal" HTML. But if you do not mind I would like to hear more about both possibilities...

lala

Well, i never tried to make a txt file display in iframe, but since it works with pdf file i think there will be no problem.
HTML:
<iframe src="the location and the name of the txt file (for instance /files/file.txt" width="suitable value" height="suitable value according to the layout"></iframe>

The normal possibiltie is to copy the content of the text file and paste it between
HTML:
<p> and </p>
html tags. According to your design and the html standard declaration you may use
HTML:
 <br> or <br/>
in order to insert line breaks.

I guess there was a misunderstanding:

I meant that I would have a separate text file on the server. The content of that file would be displayed in my web page. If I was to change the content to that particular text file and upload it to the server the content of the web page should be updated accordingly (without the need of copy and paste). A kind of very simple CMS...

lala

Lala in this case i suggest you to install WordPress. It contains a wsywyg text editor and it's a brilliant cms.

MI
Back