The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Text based mafia game with incentive offers for virtual goods

dnenb42

affiliate
Hey guys!

K suggested I sart a case study with a game I'm running, so here it goes.

- What I do
I run a text based mafia game based on the script mccode. I bought the script for about $100 and I've modified it a lot, and also made the game available as an android app. I'm good with php, mysql, java and other languages so it was quite easy to set everything up.

- How I make money
The way these games make money is when the players donate/buy ingame goods. This can be done with paypal donations (most common), mobile (sms) donations or with incentivized offers they have to complete. I'm doing all of the mentioned. I've got paypal donations ready, ZayPay for mobile donations and TrialPay ready soon to let me players complete offers to get ingame goods. I found this great example of a guy making $2.5k/month with a game like this - in case you don't believe me. He was using paypal donations only.

- Current status as of May 1.th
I've got around 10 players active daily, but none of them are donators so far. There are more than 500 players who have logged in to the game the last 45 days. That tells me I gotta make the game easier to understand for new players, so that they'll stay longer. So that's one thing I'm working on right now.

- Advertising
I've spent some money on admob which worked pretty well, and some money with appbrain that wasn't good at all. I don't have more money to spend right now, but I'm looking at using game advertising networks like game-advertising-online when I get more money.

So ask me any questions or give me suggestions, guys. I'll keep updating this if you're interested. And shoot me a PM if you want to work with me on a game, I'm looking for cool people to work with.

- Update at the end of may 1.th.
I've learned little about optimizing the google play listing to rank higher, and I've gotten a couple of fiverr gigs to help me with that. I've also made some minor improvements in the game and fixed a couple of bugs.

Very interested in seeing how this does for you, keep us updated. We specialize in incentive traffic, and in your case you are running Virtual Currency (VC) traffic, so I'm interested in see what campaigns work well for you.

banners
Back