The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Technical Issue Sub-Domain

MsGrass

affiliate
If anyone can help with this I would be most grateful. I created a sub-domain off my main domain and both are with my site builder. I want to be able to use Free Link Cloaker. My site builder company doesn't understand affiliate marketing and can't help me with this.

If I create a FTP account off to the side (my hosting company does all uploading for me) can I use this FTP account with the sub-domain only and point FLC servers to my sub-domain?

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Thank You.

Not really sure I understand what you are getting at, but you can use an FTP program to transfer file to either your subdomain, your main domain or both.

I'm sorta new so please forgive me. What I am trying to say is-can I upload things for my sub domain through a different server than where my site is now hosted by just using FTP?

"can I upload things for my sub domain through a different server than where my site is now hosted"

I'm a little confused too. But you need the FTP info and permission for the host you are uploading to whether it's subdomain or not.

sub-domain

I want to use free link cloaker to cloak my affiliate links. I am with homestead where I created my website so they are my server. To use free link cloaker I have to point my subdomain to their server to be able to use it. I've contacted homestead and were no help. I contacted free link cloaker and the following directions is what they sent me......

You've successfully added your first domain to Free Link Cloaker. Now all you need to do is activate the domain by telling whoever you registered it with where we are.

This works in exactly the same way as if you were hosting a webpage with us but instead you're hosting your Free Link Cloaker account with us. When you registered thewrinkledigest.com you should've been told how to change the DNS settings for it, which is what you need to do now.

Please login to the control panel for whoever you registered thewrinkledigest.com with and setup the DNS settings to point to our IP address: 67.228.22.51.

There is a bit of a delay when you make changes like this so we'll monitor the domain and as soon as it's pointed to our server we'll send you an email to confirm that it's been activated.

If that all sounds a bit technical and you need a hand then feel free to send us an email to support@freelinkcloaker.com and we'll help you get everything setup.

Click here if you want to start editing your inactive domain

Homestead was at a loss to help.

MI
Back