The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Tax/Sellers Permit Question

hifromeddie

affiliate
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if I need to get a seller's permit to legally sell my Clickbank products through Clickbank? (I am still waiting to hear from Clickbank).

I mean, what happens if come the end of the year I have made $10,000 with my Clickbank websites? and I have nothing to speak of to my state (California) as far as a sellers permit, a business name permit (my website company name etc.), and tax forms etc.

I am trying to understand this subject. If there is anyone here experienced with selling their own products online any info will help.

Thanks,

Ed Crivello

Best to check with a local accountant and CB. Typically if you were selling computers online for example you would need to collect and pay sales CA tax but only for purchases shipped to customers in California. But I really don't know very much about taxes and legal requirements for merchants selling their own products.

I'm not sure if info products are taxable in CA, I assume they are. Plus with CB don't they make the sales for you? In which case they would need to be collecting sales tax for you in CA??? Hmmm, tricky. You really need to check with them. I'm sure it's even in an FAQ or something, but I don't deal with CB at all, so am not sure.

banners
Back