Hi

I need to replace paypal as its causing to many problems for us & customers

I would prefer to use an all in one account or a seperate IMA account
but unsure which one to use.

anyone got any feedback on who to use & avoid

thanks

Gibby

as far as I know world pay are not compatable with miva

Im also trying to find out what their £200 setup fee includes as they can't reall tell me

thanks

Gibby

Gibby,
I I would not recommend WorldPay, I used them for about 4-5 years, they were quite good before Royal Bank of Scotland who whoever bought them bought them.
In addition to the so called set-up fee, you are required to pay quite a substantial deposit which they keep without paying you any interest indefinitely.

Also, you cannot speak to a person at WorldPay anymore, you will communicate via some guy in India via email.

I will say explore NoChex, they are very flexible and they may even waive their set up fee. The only thing I do not like about NoChex is that on you clients statements, instead of having you companies name, it will have NoChex on it, this sometimes causes customers to dispute payment as they do not recall buying anything from a company called NoChex, apart from that they offer excellent rated, they are based in Leeds and they give you your own account manager who you can talk to one to one.

I can even give you a contact person to call directly at NoChex if you like.

Hi temi,

many thanks for the info.

No Chex looks very attractive & yes a helpful contact would be good.
I can't seem to find a way to call them unless you are already a customer
but the rates seem good enough and it avoids having to sort out another business bank account.

thanks for that

Gibby

Gibby,
This is one of their contact numbers : +44 (0) 113 346 6208 , whoever you speak to there would be able to put you in touch with the righ person (I hope) my contact there does not seem to handle new account any more.

Further payment providers

Does anyone have experience with the following payment gateway providers:
Payflow Pro, SECPay or Cybersource?

lala

Lala,
I do have some experience with SecPay at my golf site and we are currently intergrating it into Boss Cart
We use them as an interface between the bank and clients, we already have a Merchant account number from our bank which we gave to SecPay when intergrating their system to our site.

Temi,

Please let me know how it goes...Have to make a choice soon between WorldPay and the mentioned ones. Currently researching the best options...

lala

There is roughly two ways you can process payment on your site:
- You obtain a merchant account number from you bank for example Barclays, you then get a company like SecPay, SecureTrading or WorldPay to provide the interface between your site and the banks using your merchant account number

- You get a company like WorldPay or NetBax to provier both services (interface between bank and merchant account number)

I think first you need to determin the solution you prefer before you go any further.

The second option is usually more expensive and companies like WorldPay will also ask you to leave a security guranteed equivlent to you turnover for 1 month and they also credit your account 4 weeks in arreas.

With the first option, you money usually gets credited into you account within a few days, Banks do not ask for security gurantees etc to give you merchant account number, they just do the standard credit check on you, if you pass they give you merchant account number (there is a fee of about £250 to set this up at Barclays)

And of course there is PayPal. Its not as flexible as the above two options but they open account for you within a few minutes and you can actually have any money you customers pay you immediately, this is VERY good for cash flow. I think worldpay solution where they provide you with the merchant number is the worst possible solution because for 2 months from when you start using them, all money goes to their pocket and not your and on top of this you pay £200 setup fee and they take about 4.5% of all you transations.

Apart from cost our main concern is that the checkout pages have the same look and feel like the rest of the site. My friend set up already a merchant account. As Temi mentioned the two possible solutions (to have an own merchant account or to let the payment gateway provider provide one) I was wondering how that would affect what it looks like to the customers.

Then if you say that if Worldpay provides the merchant account number that would be the worst scenario: How is it then with your own merchant account?

Does anyone know about: Payflow Pro, SECPay or Cybersource? I really would like to compare those with Worldpay before we make a choice (they are the only ones we can use with our Netsuite website).

And another question just for me: Is there a way to use Paypal, but make it look a bit more to be part of your website (I think I may know already the answer to that question)?

lala

Lala,
All the payment providers offer you degree of customisation to make their pages look like your site as much as possible. All also offer you to redirect customers back to your site after payment is made.

Even paypal allows you to customise their interface between your site and theirs so customistion should not be a major issue irrespective of the company you choose.

I know about SecPay but I do not know about the other two companies you mentioned. I think SecPay is a good company, they are approachable and friendly.

As a seller. But it's a personal account. But you see, I'm from Croatia, and I don't really have anything else to choose from.
PayPal accounts over here can only send money. And this is the only service which allows me to recieve money.

I am using paypal and moneybookers. I am getting many customer in paypal. I think, most of traders like paypal. But, I found paypal has lot of problems.

Moneybooker is simple and easy to use.

Paypal

Hi all

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of problems are you having with paypal as I use paypal for my site and have not yet had any issues.

Thanks

MI
Back