monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

table changes size in firefox

Discussion in 'Design and Creatives' started by fourducks, Aug 8, 2009.

1. fourducks

fourducks Affiliate affiliate

Hi,

I'm currently trying to design a website in Microsoft Frontpage 2002 and as part of the site want to include a form on the right-side of each page (inside a table that I'm using for a layout structure).

My problem is that whenever I had a text box in as part of the form, the whole table width expands, leaving a lot of empty space that I don’t want. This expansion only happens when I view the page in Firefox. Internet Explorer displays the page as I want it to.

An example of the width of the table (though without a form) I want can be seen here:

h t t p : / / d r a f t . a t w e b p a g e s . c o m / i n d e x t e s t 1 . h tm l

And an example of what happens in Firefox after I try to insert the form text box can be seen here:

h t t p : / / d r a f t . a t w e b p a g e s . c o m / i n d e x t e s t 2 . h t m l

This effect happens even when I’ve tried writing my own simple form using HTML.

If anybody has any tips/advice as to what I can do to stop this table expansion, I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks.

2. monetizer
  3. fourducks

fourducks Affiliate affiliate

sorry, i forgot to add:

The URLs should work if you take out the spaces. I couldn't post the links without spaces as I haven't made enough posts in this forum.

Is there any way of rectifying this problem, given that I've already designed the site in Frontpage?

Thanks again for your time.

4. Robster78

Robster78 Affiliate affiliate

Here's what I think you should do

1. Stop using Frontpage
    2. Learn HTML/CSS
    3. Use <div> elements instead of tables and use CSS to control their position and size.

If you wan't your site to be compatible across browsers then Frontpage, being a microsoft product is unlikely to give you good results.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2009

Featured Resources (View All)

MI